Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Is anything selling or am I wasting my time? >

Is anything selling or am I wasting my time?

Notices

Is anything selling or am I wasting my time?

Old 06-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsation96
So all these older cigs for sale would all have to be cash buyers? The banks are not loaning on older boats at all?
I don't know but I would think you could find some financing on the older ones still - if you put some skin in the game yourself, and possibly if you went local and they could put a name with a face.

I feel like trading on the latter helped me out when I bought mine. Several of the guys on here that finance weren't interested in helping me because of my age/lack of history, but I went to a local place and they were great about it.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
I don't know but I would think you could find some financing on the older ones still - if you put some skin in the game yourself, and possibly if you went local and they could put a name with a face.

I feel like trading on the latter helped me out when I bought mine. Several of the guys on here that finance weren't interested in helping me because of my age/lack of history, but I went to a local place and they were great about it.
Thanks for the reply, I am putting what I think is a large amount of money down (the most I have ever put down) and I have great credit with great history. But I do not have all the money to pay cash and may never so a loan is what I do because I enjoy boating, but I refuse to marry a loan like so many others I see. I love the boats and admire the guy's that restore them, I want a boat that I will enjoy for a long time and is just sweet. I also am not out to impress anyone so I don't need to upgrade every decade to keep up with the Jones, they beat me already D
Old 06-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Ding...Ding..Ding...

Solid down payment, local financing, reasonable terms (reasonable is not 20 years on a 15 year old boat), excellent credit and the documentable ability to pay it back...

Seems like old times.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsation96
So all these older cigs for sale would all have to be cash buyers? The banks are not loaning on older boats at all?

A friend of mine JUST bought a 1996 Top Gun, with nice 600's, Bravo's, a triple axle trailer, & in nice shape, for $65k. The bank he used preapproved him, and he was able to finance it with no problem.

Just fyi purposes
Old 06-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by DollaBill
Trust me it's been a rough 2 years. Theres mney to be made out there it's just MUCH harder than it was before
U got that rite!

Ya just have to work harder & smarter
Old 06-28-2010, 04:41 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by lucky strike
U got that rite!

Ya just have to work harder & smarter
Steve if GA is still around next month I maytake it off your hands and race it a few times this season
Old 06-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
Steve if GA is still around next month I maytake it off your hands and race it a few times this season
You could have been enjoying it already in Jersey!

Bobby is a good throttleman & has a lot of seat time in GA.

If you buy it & want to race with him I'll chip in some $ for the team.

I know a marina in Jersey that may be a sponsor also
Old 06-28-2010, 05:49 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by lucky strike
You could have been enjoying it already in Jersey!

Bobby is a good throttleman & has a lot of seat time in GA.

If you buy it & want to race with him I'll chip in some $ for the team.

I know a marina in Jersey that may be a sponsor also
thats true. That would be fun. I'll talk to you about it when your here
Old 06-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So now I'm wondering...are the T/S boats taking the same beating? I knew the flat bottoms are hard to sell. Takes just too much hp to make em go. Prob have my 00 T/S Gun up for sale end of season.
Was hoping to get just over 100k. Less than 200 hours with fresh power.

As far as the financing. Multiple guys in my area have had no problem getting financing on late 90's early 2000's boats with no money down. GE Credit has been awesome to deal with for us. Takes good credit though....
Old 06-28-2010, 07:18 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ktm2212
So now I'm wondering...are the T/S boats taking the same beating? I knew the flat bottoms are hard to sell. Takes just too much hp to make em go. Prob have my 00 T/S Gun up for sale end of season.
Was hoping to get just over 100k. Less than 200 hours with fresh power.

As far as the financing. Multiple guys in my area have had no problem getting financing on late 90's early 2000's boats with no money down. GE Credit has been awesome to deal with for us. Takes good credit though....
thats what I would be looking for

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.