Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
New 39 Graphics >

New 39 Graphics

Notices

New 39 Graphics

Old 10-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

some more orange and yellow color would set all that red off and tie it in nicely
Old 10-22-2010, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TWIN-SPINS
some more orange and yellow color would set all that red off and tie it in nicely

First impression was too red. Needs other colors such as blue.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

I would also add a little white to the interior, It helps make everything pop more.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:15 AM
Member since the start
Charter Member

Agree with BLee, so many boats have that look. I like the color combo, my favorite is red, black, white and silver or gray depending on tones. These boats are so expensive that I think you should have something more unique. When I built my boats I really took my time and picked designs that were a little different. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:48 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GREEK LIGHTNING
I like the color combo, my favorite is red, black, white and silver or gray depending on tones.
Those are my favorites as well, and they're the "classic" colors that Cigarette has been known for since the logo was created.

You can't go wrong using red, white, silver, & black, in your paint design. You can make it look aggressive, classy, or all around sharp, depending on the artist you've decided on's talent, & the input YOU put in.

It's easy to use someone elses design & have them change a line or two before spraying it on, but you'll get tired of it, & wish you'd done something unique.

Take your time with the paint design too, it IS the most important paint of the boats' identity.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:06 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you end up going with the paint you currently have selected, it COULD look too much like this one that tossed those guys in Bulgaria, & ran onto the rocks afterward, to not have THAT story being mistaken for your boat

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQzet2npilk&feature=related
[/YOUTUBE]

I definitely wouldn't want THAT story being asked to me about my new boat
Old 10-23-2010, 08:30 AM
Registered

Has anyone noticed how most all boats that come out of Cigarette now are red or blue? I love both colors, but I'm with Greek Lightning I would like to see something different. Also I don't like having to cover the interior with towels when out on the water. When I ordered my Cig I put dark accent colors in the interior, will not make that mistake again. Give me a call Greek, I still love ya.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pm203
Agreed 100%!!
X2
Old 10-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Registered

I think it looks good, but as stated is pretty similar to some other recent very red boats. They all do look good though.

I personally think doing the "middle red" section in silver/gray (maybe carbon fiber effect?) would make it stand out a lot.

Either way I'm jealous.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Registered

Dave is a great guy to work with, let him know your ideas. His execution is incredible!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.