Mufflers/ props for a Bullet >

Mufflers/ props for a Bullet

Notices

Mufflers/ props for a Bullet

Old 10-24-2010, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mufflers/ props for a Bullet

I have a pair of normally aspirated 502's driving Bravo 1's with 24Ps at 4600 RPM. Seems 22p's might put me closer to 5000 RPM.
I am considering mufflers to quiet this beast down some. Suggestions for a reasonable yet functional set of muffs?
Thoughts from others?
Maybe one more weekende left to drive!
Hugh
88 Bullet
LOTO
Old 10-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Which bullet do you have?
Old 10-25-2010, 03:51 PM
Registered

He picked up John's American Flag Bullet, we saw them both on Saturday and spoke with Hugh for a few minutes on the water. The boat looks great but I think Hugh has caught the customizing bug

To the questions, the smaller props should get you to your desired rpm range and secondly, when you pulled away on Saturday, my son said "that Bullet sounds good!"

Dustin is most certainly anti muffler but he's been around a couple with Gibsons (mine came from Dustin) so he has some experince with a couple different boats. I don't mind the Gibson's but the son was correct, you'rs sounds good without !
Old 10-25-2010, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

22P props??? Sounds kinda small. What in it for power?
Old 10-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Registered

I have a new pair of 23" 3 blade Mirages if you are interested. I only used them once.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Screamineagle
He picked up John's American Flag Bullet, we saw them both on Saturday and spoke with Hugh for a few minutes on the water. The boat looks great but I think Hugh has caught the customizing bug

To the questions, the smaller props should get you to your desired rpm range and secondly, when you pulled away on Saturday, my son said "that Bullet sounds good!"

Dustin is most certainly anti muffler but he's been around a couple with Gibsons (mine came from Dustin) so he has some experince with a couple different boats. I don't mind the Gibson's but the son was correct, you'rs sounds good without !
I remember seein that Bullet for sale. Very clean boat.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

I have CMI switchable silent choice mufflers. I hate them. They are just a dozen more places water can escape and end up in the bilge.

When I had the engines out last year I wish I would have sprung the money to get the block off plates and a set of tails without the muffler option...
Old 10-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

A few questions. What kind of exhaust is on it now? Does it have the internal flappers? What is the dia of the pipes?

If you want it just a little quieter, just add a set of internal noise reducers. They're pretty cheap and should not affect performance much.

I have 4 1/2" ID pipes with removed internal flappers and I LOVE the sound. The only person that has ever complained was the wife once or twice

With a boat that looks as nice as yours, leave the exhaust as is would be my opinion.....
Old 10-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The gibson's are quiet for sure and they look good as well. I think I would look into some cmi's bolt throughs they look really clean. What hp are the 502's?
Old 10-25-2010, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have some 3 blade mirages off my buddies bullet if u r interested... Real cheap

Selling for him as he's not on the forums

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.