1995 Top gun "head" problem... >

1995 Top gun "head" problem...

Notices

1995 Top gun "head" problem...

Old 11-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No worries Tank...

I thought I could get away without EVER getting it working...but that wasn't the case, her complaining everytime we're out is enough to get me working on trying to fix it, lol, she's even gotten to the point of starting to ask people how to fix it
Old 11-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Registered

Give her a porta potty and tell her to shut up. Do you think that will work? Just joking. That would not be a good idea. You will regret using the head, it's a big mistake. It's going to stink up your boat. A porta potty is the way to go. Talk some since into her. Anyway, I'm out! Have a good weekend.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

No one has ever taken a dump in ours....but it gets pissed in all of the time. I'm really not in to pissing in the water that I swim in!

....and they make this deodorizing stuff that makes it not stink. Kinda like douche for toilets!!
Old 11-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Jason - assuming your setup is similar to mine which it should be since they are the new style cabin.

When my macerator pump went bad it would blow the fuse automatically. You would never even hear it run.

The fuse is below the steering wheel. It is one of the inline fuses, and on the cafe it is real close to the middle. You can search my posts for the proper replacement pump as I went back and updated after I purchased it.

Does EITHER one of the pumps work (either the one that macerates or the one that pumps it overboard)?
Old 11-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Registered

Seafordguy I only have one button and I believe it does both, macerates and then pumps...there are two valves under the seat, but only one button. I opened the inlet valve and pushed the button...nothing at all, no noise, no nothing so I figure the pump is gone or the fuse is blown. I didn't know that there were two pumps, I thought there was only one that did both...

I guess I'll know more tomorrow once I open it up and have a look around. I will check for the fuse like you mention and start there...

Just thought of something though, won't even be able to test it because it will be out of the water...any ways around that?
Old 11-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonmd2
Seafordguy I only have one button and I believe it does both, macerates and then pumps...there are two valves under the seat, but only one button. I opened the inlet valve and pushed the button...nothing at all, no noise, no nothing so I figure the pump is gone or the fuse is blown. I didn't know that there were two pumps, I thought there was only one that did both...

I guess I'll know more tomorrow once I open it up and have a look around. I will check for the fuse like you mention and start there...

Just thought of something though, won't even be able to test it because it will be out of the water...any ways around that?
Don't go getting into a huge project! We need that thing in tip top shape when we're there on wed! By the way, you take the day off?

Now, if you get it all fixed I'm gonna drop a big ol deuce in that faulker!!!! Hahaha!

On the serious though. None of that stuff has ever been used in 15 years...I'm guessing it's gonna need new pumps/plumbing/etc. Just start over!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Registered

Haha! Why do you think I'm doing all this Tank? Don't want to have to stop every 10 mins for your girly azz to go pee pee

Yeah took Weds, thurs AND fri off...still hoping to get to KW one way or anthr

I know, I know...I'll probably end up dropping a grand to fix this f*cker so my girl can pee...go freakin figure, lol
Old 11-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonmd2
Haha! Why do you think I'm doing all this Tank? Don't want to have to stop every 10 mins for your girly azz to go pee pee

Yeah took Weds, thurs AND fri off...still hoping to get to KW one way or anthr

I know, I know...I'll probably end up dropping a grand to fix this f*cker so my girl can pee...go freakin figure, lol
Man up! drive down and crash at our place. two bedrooms with a pull out. We have three teenage girls with us but there's always room ! oh, did I forget to tell you, I hope you have room for the girls on the boat?! It'll be you me your girl and this crew...Good thing you're getting the toilet fixed. freakin' chicks!
Attached Thumbnails 1995 Top gun "head" problem...-ds1.jpg  
Old 11-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

I'll tell you how my setup works and hopefully it can help you out.

I have two valves as well. I have two buttons.

One button says "Flush" and when you push it the pump has two stages and simultaneously pulls in fresh water through the smaller diameter valve under the front coushin, while mascerating the waste. This pumps all the raw water, piss and biodegradeable marine grade Toilet Paper into a holding tank.

There is then a second button and a second pump that pumps from the holding tank OVER board through the larger of the two valves under the seat.

I would surmise that possibly yours might have done away with either the holding tank, or the pump OVERBOARD feature at some point. It might only have the one pump and go into a holding tank and then have to be vacuumed out at a marina, or it could possibly be rigged up to just pump straight overboard.

Under the driver's seat there is an access hatch - you need to pull it back and figure out what the hell is going on down there.....

Also - you may want to read this as it pertains to later TG's as opposed to my 90 Cafe which might be different, essentially nullifying everything I typed above - http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...ing-tanks.html

Also - post 18 shows the diagram - http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...lp-needed.html

OH - and here is a link to the Part Number I used - you can buy for surprising little money the entire setup with everything from the toilet bowl, wiring, pumps, etc.... http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ette-head.html

THIS WAS KIND OF RAMBLING - Sorry, but that is what you get at 10PM on a Friday night!!

Last edited by seafordguy; 11-05-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Registered

Thanks again seafordguy! I got her opened up and this is wht I'm looking at so far

Can anyone give me some advice as to where to start?

I'm guessing the white pump is the flush and the black is the macerator. Should I just remove the whole white assembly or should I just try to remove the pump from the white junction?

Not sure what the best way tackle this is and dont want to create more problems by disassembling sh*t I don't have to.

Thanks again guys!

Last edited by jasonmd2; 11-08-2010 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Remove link and insert picture

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.