Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Big Power Top Gun in Classifieds??????????? >

Big Power Top Gun in Classifieds???????????

Notices

Big Power Top Gun in Classifieds???????????

Old 01-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 434 Likes on 194 Posts

With these near perfect restored examples on the market, I think I'm insane for doing a resto right now. There are a few really nice Cigs that are freshly redone. These are custom hot rods for sure.

Then again, you would have to have the up front cash to make the purchase outright.....
Old 01-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Problem with doing a restore these days, as I found out with the Mistress that I sold, is parts and upgrading ,even if done yourself cost alot of money, and you will never recoop that money when you sell, especially in todays performance boat market, so you better be doing it for yourself, not for the next buyer.
Attached Thumbnails Big Power Top Gun in Classifieds???????????-sized.jpg   Big Power Top Gun in Classifieds???????????-sized2.jpg  

Last edited by cigrocket; 01-06-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 3,085 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by Dino
I know the boat well...OUTSTANDING! Nice power and hardware. You can't compare it to a Bravo/Trs boat. It's old school big power gun. I heard its getting alot of attention out of the country. You get what you pay for, it's no fire sale.....
Agreed....Darrens boat is the nicest straight bottom and nicer than many stepped Cigs out there right now. Immaculate and well cared for.

Heard it may be going to Dubai, you may want to jump on it there Doc if you're interested.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 434 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by cigrocket
Problem with doing a restore these days, as I found out with the Mistress that I sold, is parts and upgrading ,even if done yourself cost alot of money, and you will never recoop that money when you sell, especially in todays performance boat market, so you better be doing it for yourself, not for the next buyer.
I hear ya, sick of people telling me to do things to make it more appealing to the next owner. If I were doing that, it wouldn't involve performance boats at all! This is no investment game. That's not why I chose this project in the first place. It's purely for me and my enjoyment (headache...)
Old 01-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
If this boat was $105.00 it would be more money than you would spend on a boat.
Oh no, I'd even pay $10,500 for it!

In all seriousnous, it's more money than I'd spend on a straight bottom TG, but it is about the nicest I've seen. To the right person I'm sure this boat is a deal at the asking price. I just hope the buyer is a fresh water boater as it deserves to stay in this condition...
Old 01-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dino
I know the boat well...OUTSTANDING! Nice power and hardware. You can't compare it to a Bravo/Trs boat. It's old school big power gun. I heard its getting alot of attention out of the country. You get what you pay for, it's no fire sale.....
Thanks Dino
It is still in the USA for now still trying to work a deal.
I have had a lot of calls some are serious and others as you know are a joke. When a guy calls and has two questions, how fast is it and what is your bottem line or low balls a number. They are making an offer and they havent even looked at the boat. I just have to laugh.

Thanks for all the nice coments.
If the boat sells I have my eye on another project. What can I say it is a sickness.

frickstyle Good luck with your project.

Darren
Old 01-06-2011, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 603 Likes on 277 Posts

That is a beauty for sure.

And I dont care what they say. they ALL are projects.
No matter what you pay you will find something to spend money on and several things you shouldnt have had to spend money on.
But hey its a CIG Break Out Another TEN $K
If you can only do another 1K buy a Fountain!

O HE!! Its winter! Lets get some action going!
Old 01-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree 100% If you cant find something to inprove, upgrade or change you must be bored with it. I have a long list of things I would like to do if I keep the boat. Even if it is a small change there is always something.
Hear is one I just did.
Attached Thumbnails Big Power Top Gun in Classifieds???????????-dscn3293.jpg  
Old 01-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen it in person before, & think it definitely deserves to be priced at a premium over other Guns in it's "peer group". You would spend a lot more to try duplicating it with another straight bottom Gun.

This one is the overall best straight bottom out there as far as having the VERY best equipment & setup available, and it has been for sale listed at $175k before: http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/1581809-post379.html

The only thing the one in this thread doesn't have that it does, is #6 drives. Having 3a's is the next best thing though, so for $70k less (using their asking prices), I think the one dnebo has is a much better deal.

It may not sell at the asking price, but he should sell for more than the majority of the others. If he were to sell it for $60 or $70k for some reason, the people with lesser Guns for sale may jump of a cliff even though that would be a unique sale to itself, & not what the entire market is.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 3,085 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
This one is the overall best straight bottom out there as far as having the VERY best equipment & setup available, and it has been for sale listed at $175k before: http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/1581809-post379.html

The only thing the one in this thread doesn't have that it does, is #6 drives. Having 3a's is the next best thing though, so for $70k less (using their asking prices), I think the one dnebo has is a much better deal.
I really like that gun in your link B. Bottom line though (not trying to be negative), I think it's overpriced. Absolutely stunning boat with top notch paint, interior, drives and motors (that frankly I'd love to own) but people looking at spending 175k just aren't looking at buying a 15 year old boat (unless you talk to the Apache guys). Doesn't matter how much you dump into these things, they are only worth what a buyer will pay and if there's comparable but newer "better" boats in the same price range, the older boat aint gonna sell.

Darrens boat is priced above average market but there is absolutely nothing to compare it too. Like Brandon said, only other thing you could do to Darrens is slap 6's on it (although it's absolutely not needed). I think a "smart" buyer will step up and see the few extra dollars is money WELL spent for a true turn key, well kept, classy, stunner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.