Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
caferacer wont crank over with push button ideas?? >

caferacer wont crank over with push button ideas??

Notices

caferacer wont crank over with push button ideas??

Old 05-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by park35
ok here we go,ck all grounds,tested push botton switch,moved shifters around still nothing on BOTH motors,is there a in line fuse any where,going to ck net safty switch 2morrow,not easy to get to,thnks for all the input
I have to fix that same problem this season. I have to change the ignition. When I put my boat away for winter storage it would not start (I have push button to) so I wiggled the key between on and off, and with the key turned a little more than half way it would fire up. So mine is the ignition.

Also unplug that big plug to the motor and use electric grease on the 8 or so prongs bend them out a little so it can make a good connection and plug it back in. I had that happen in beganning of year.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Had same condition with my bullet. started when I jumped
solenoid above fuel/water filter, pulled out shifters and checked neutral safety switches which were good,(use a meter to check continuity), key switches checked good. Turned out to be push to start switch(started when I jumped it with screwdriver). If you need one Doller Offshore has them. Good luck.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

did you find the problem? what was it?
Old 05-11-2011, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I got it thanks for all the help,ground to slave seliond was bad ,now if it would get alittle warmer out that would be nice!!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Registered

I got the same damn issue!!!!

When I put it on the hose this season the starboard motor fired right up...then I put the hose on the port and it cranked over and did won't fire but i attribute that just because the battery went dead, so I put on the charger...this past weekend I tried firing it up...got a half revolution on the motor (replaced the battery)...now I get nothing. Changed the neutral selinoid from the motor that started...still won't so at least I ruled that out.

The noticable difference between the two ignitions is that when turn the key on the good side the standard and loud.. beep..beep.beep happens which is normal....on the bad side when I turn the key all the guages power up but the loud beep..beep..beep doesn't happen. This is what first made me think of the neutral selinoid but I ruled that out...now I also thinking mine is the ground to slave selinoid.

Now mines a 1990 so if anyone else has any ideas let me know...it funny the the motor was turning over and now its not...so hopefully it is something as simple as that.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

check the battery connection , most likely ground side.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by waycool marine
check the battery connection , most likely ground side.
I just went through the same thing this past weekend spent about 2 hours chasing the problem down and it ended up being the battery post connector. It some how broke in half on the ground post and wasnt making a good connection.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:23 PM
Registered

Cheap $3 fix.