Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Phily working his magic...Top Gun redo (on a budget) >

Phily working his magic...Top Gun redo (on a budget)

Notices

Phily working his magic...Top Gun redo (on a budget)

Old 07-15-2011, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phily working his magic...Top Gun redo (on a budget)

So I brought my Top Gun to Lip-Ship for a GPS install and new style windshield and more than a month later we still aren't done

So I thought some of you might like to see the changes and the progress pictures. Now this isn't the typical drop it off and pickup a brand new boat months later Lip-Ship redo, I'm on a budget and Phil has been GREAT to work with in this regard. He is just simply amazing as I have read over and over again with the customer service...the guy knows his sh!t like nobody else!!!

So let's see, where to begin...Original plan...GPS and windshield

Garmin 5208

Garmin 5208 installed

Charlie working on the windshield

Windshield installed (and new fairing pad too)

Then this is where the snowball gained some momentum I decided to finally replace the raw water valves, in talking with Phil we decided to replumb the whole water intake. This was the old setup where the valves are all the way at the back and bottom of the bilge and used the morse cables to actuate the levers on the valves. Of course the brackets that held the cables rotted off and the morse cables all froze up...SOOO...we decided to replace the old USS Eisenhower sea strainers with some nice Stainless Marine ones and move the valves right up to the strainers. Of course replaced all the hoses and fittings, etc. Also replaced the scupper bilge and cleaned up the whole area...check it out.

Old valve

Old stainers

New strainers and plumbing

Then when I dropped it off I asked Phil to check out the trim tab cables because they looked like they were about to explode, well that lead to basically a whole transom redo...

Before (no comments please )

After (you can clearly see why I did this now)

We replaced all the control cables and fitted the tab cables through the tabs and used the 45 degree angled fitting for the drive cables, removed the mufflers and replaced all the exhaust tips with Stainless Marine angled tips and painted, wet sanded and buffed most of the transom. Then a whole bunch of other "little" things like cleaning up the bow cleats/chocks, fixing the broken cabin lights, installed Latham controls (bought from OldSchool, thanks man!), replaced the power steering reservoir with a nice new Latham one...let's see what else...oh yeah tore Tank's old wrap off (sorry buddy, it was time) and then getting ready for some new paint from Harold right now

Here's some more pictures for your enjoyment, let me know what you guys think

I just want to say again, for anyone needing anything Cig related...CALL LIP-SHIP!!! I just can't say enough about Phil. While all this work was being done I have been traveling on and off, all along Phil has sent progress pictures of almost every step, constant calls and emails and just on top of everything! He's a class act!
Old 07-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Nice project!!
Old 07-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

What a great read Phil is the man I just wish I had some extra $$ to spend down there. I love the new paint.

good luck
Old 07-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

I'm f*ckin' dyin' over here!!!

Coming along very nice Jason...I expect it to be in the water and ready to rock when we're back out there!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Registered

Thanks for the comments guys.

Yeah I just can't say enough about Phil. He has been amazing to work with. The best part about it is that he really gets into these projects and boats, it's like it's his boat and he does everything to make sure it's done right.

I wish I could have done everything, but I have to do it piece at a time...needless to say, I can't wait to get her back, gunna be a brand new boat, well almost
Old 07-15-2011, 08:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
I'm f*ckin' dyin' over here!!!

Coming along very nice Jason...I expect it to be in the water and ready to rock when we're back out there!
Well at the rate your going I could redo the whole boat and it would be ready to go by the time you get here

Can't wait for you to see it bro, and i don't have to tell you about Phil's work, thanks for hooking me up with him!!!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

We'll be there, we'll be there.....

and hands down...Phil's the MAN! Keep the pics coming.

You going forward with the paint?
Old 07-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank

and hands down...Phil's the MAN! Keep the pics coming.

You going forward with the paint?
Yup talked to him this afternoon and he talked to Harold...they're doin they're thing

Here's some more pix...

Notice anything missing in that last picture?
Old 07-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

I always liked that wrap but man that paint is gonna look sweet. Looks like rail is gone is last pic. Cool project.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks great, nice job. Boat really needed alot of work. But your doing a nice job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.