Check out the mods on this old 'Gun!

Notices

Check out the mods on this old 'Gun!

Old 09-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Midwest Customs
Just saw this post, thats actually my boat! Ive been meaning to post some pics of the build for... uuummm the past 2 years! just never have. lots of time and even more money was spent, The name will be "Blown Budget" and I think it fits the description well. I own my own shop and we have been designing / building for the past 2 years. All work was done in house with the exception of, the machine work on motors, and the upholstery on bolsters & custom rear seat (advanced canvas Laurie MO did seats amazing ppl!) There actually 540ci with 871. Chillers will come this winter making 1000hp, Anerson surface drives are next. The rub rail looks waaay better from a side view, all painted and no nasty plastic/stainless to break up the paint. and we did put a "modern custom" cig logo toward the middle of the boat (cant see in these pics). The flat panel was intended to display the GPS from the touch screen on the stbd side but that didnt work. Were either going to put a big garmin or get a touch screen that will display the gps on the monitor. So as of now its only good for a camera view or a movie. The boat came from florida and was white with purple/yellow tear away design paint scheme. Ill work on pics soon! Kinda cool to see it on here, Thanks for the comments!! Mike
How about an iPad with GPS application above the cabin entry door, and repeat it over on the monitor?
Old 09-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats actually a very good idea! Makes me feel kinda dumb, never even thought of that.... Ill have to look into it! Thanks! Mike
Old 09-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Thats actually a very good idea! Makes me feel kinda dumb, never even thought of that.... Ill have to look into it! Thanks! Mike
There was another thread here about GPS/Chartplotter Apps on iPad.

Also check out 2Screens which is a screen mirroring App that you can remotely control with a like App on your iPhone when bluetooth connected to the iPad.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Registered

sharp boat!
Old 09-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just saw this post, thats actually my boat! Ive been meaning to post some pics of the build for... uuummm the past 2 years! just never have. lots of time and even more money was spent, The name will be "Blown Budget" and I think it fits the description well. I own my own shop and we have been designing / building for the past 2 years. All work was done in house with the exception of, the machine work on motors, and the upholstery on bolsters & custom rear seat (advanced canvas Laurie MO did seats amazing ppl!) There actually 540ci with 871. Chillers will come this winter making 1000hp, Anerson surface drives are next. The rub rail looks waaay better from a side view, all painted and no nasty plastic/stainless to break up the paint. and we did put a "modern custom" cig logo toward the middle of the boat (cant see in these pics). The flat panel was intended to display the GPS from the touch screen on the stbd side but that didnt work. Were either going to put a big garmin or get a touch screen that will display the gps on the monitor. So as of now its only good for a camera view or a movie. The boat came from florida and was white with purple/yellow tear away design paint scheme. Ill work on pics soon! Kinda cool to see it on here, Thanks for the comments!! Mike

A custom build like that needs to be shown off! Get those build photos posted!

Very nice looking ride!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Mike,
Cant wait to see the build pics... Love the elimination of the vents and the docking cleats!
Jr.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Registered

Thanks so much! It was a chit load of work but worth it in the end! Glad you all like it, was worried ppl would hate on it because we took the "old school" out of it. Still has the good o'll Cig lines though! I tried posting some pics tonight but they were too big... Ill have to figure out how to shrink them so I can post them. Thanks! Mike
Old 09-08-2011, 06:19 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

As for pics, I don't bother with the OSO pic loader as they end up too small. Just load them on Photobucket and copy them to your post

If you want to send them to me, I'll post 'em for you.

Kurt

[email protected]
Old 09-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Registered

Dunno if this will work or not, thanks for the info biggus!

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/...toms4u/012.jpg
Old 09-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Registered

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.