Cigarette Script in Vinyl >

Cigarette Script in Vinyl

Notices

Cigarette Script in Vinyl

Old 03-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cigarette Script in Vinyl

Is there a shop I can order a couple small sheets of vinyl from for my 1995 Top Gun? I want to have the back of my head rests engraved with the Cigarette script & was told I need new vinyl/tubing, engrave it, then re-upholster the head rest. I don't think the existing stuff can be removed, engraved, and placed back on. Am I wrong? Thanks.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Envision
Is there a shop I can order a couple small sheets of vinyl from for my 1995 Top Gun? I want to have the back of my head rests engraved with the Cigarette script & was told I need new vinyl/tubing, engrave it, then re-upholster the head rest. I don't think the existing stuff can be removed, engraved, and placed back on. Am I wrong? Thanks.
Call LipShip!!
Old 03-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 36Envision
Yes your wrong !!! you can remove the headrest vinyl and remove a few stitches so a shop can lay it flat in a "loop" in order to embroider it, and then have the shop just stitch it back up and you can put it back on your headrest.....
Old 03-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Registered

I'll take a look at it next weekend when I visit the boat, see what it will take to get it to lay flat.. I hope I can just use what I have that way it all matches/fits right.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Registered

I haven't looked at the two seats in great detail by any means.......but is there a fairly easy way to remove the two headrests, only, so I can get this script put in them? I would think they bolt in somewhere as an individual piece and would be easily removable without dissassembling the entire seat. Any advice before I dig into doing this is appreciated. My two seats are identical to this Cigarette in the link below and I am looking to have the "Top Gun" or "Cigarette" script engraved just the same.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=Cigar...4&tx=138&ty=88
Old 03-14-2012, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

my seat was all one piece, the headrest was not separate.

Here are the bolster headrest middle sections & the back seat that PPI just completed today

Old 03-14-2012, 06:41 PM
Registered

BDiggity - Those headrests are EXACTLY what I'd prefer & would like if possible. Are you reupholstering your entire boat? I'm just concerned about matching up the vinyl/strip with what is there on the bolster seats. I think LipShip did some work to my interior in my boat prior to my ownerhip around 2006.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

yeah i am doing it in phases though.

last winter i did the berth. this winter i redid the entire cockpit. if i still have the boat next winter i would like to do the sunpad then.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:39 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=36Envision;3641277]I haven't looked at the two seats in great detail by any means.......but is there a fairly easy way to remove the two headrests, only, so I can get this script put in them? I would think they bolt in somewhere as an individual piece and would be easily removable without dissassembling the entire seat. Any advice before I dig into doing this is appreciated. My two seats are identical to this Cigarette in the link below and I am looking to have the "Top Gun" or "Cigarette" script engraved just the same.

Headrests are separate , take your seats off the stand and flip them upside down, you'll see that it is fairly easy with a thin arm !!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:01 AM
Registered

I figured they would be separate. I'll check it out this weekend. Thanks for the response.