39 Unlimited >

39 Unlimited

Notices

39 Unlimited

Old 02-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SVT
Fastest I've seen a 39 w/t 700 run was 112. On the outside totally stock. The owner wouldn't say whether he did a reflash of some kind .
Had to be turned up. I've ran one and it was a struggle to get past 100.
(Stock that is)
Old 02-07-2013, 04:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd do 700's and 6's in a 39. Plenty fast for rougher water.
Now on a glass lake...more power for sure... but then get a cat.

If you spend the money for 1100's a 46 is a must in my opinion. I had a 46 cig AMII and anything over 100 in actual water was getting dangerous. Crusin the tops then all of a sudden catch a roug wave and you are standing it up. Always came back in ok, but passengers that were new don't fair well. Why I always told passengers this is not a liesure stroll. Read the water and react. It's hangin n bangin.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:02 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by redbud35
Had to be turned up. I've ran one and it was a struggle to get past 100.
(Stock that is)
Bang on Redbud. I can generally see 100 -101 higher speeds (2 mph or so) only in the spring and fall. According to Cig this is where they all run stock. I am temped to try this #6 lower blue print thing.

Gary
Old 02-08-2013, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 39 Unlimited
Bang on Redbud. I can generally see 100 -101 higher speeds (2 mph or so) only in the spring and fall. According to Cig this is where they all run stock. I am temped to try this #6 lower blue print thing.

Gary
I'm running NXT's and have considered it. It sounds like blueprinting the 6 can add speed as well as improve handling. The handling would be most important to me. I can already get to 114-116, just takes some driving.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by BraceYourself
I'd do 700's and 6's in a 39. Plenty fast for rougher water.
Now on a glass lake...more power for sure... but then get a cat.

If you spend the money for 1100's a 46 is a must in my opinion. I had a 46 cig AMII and anything over 100 in actual water was getting dangerous. Crusin the tops then all of a sudden catch a roug wave and you are standing it up. Always came back in ok, but passengers that were new don't fair well. Why I always told passengers this is not a liesure stroll. Read the water and react. It's hangin n bangin.
Hahahaha! Nice post! Standing a 46 up must have been a hell of a ride.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a 07 39 with 700nxt package on July 4, it seemed to be the patriotic thing to do. I could use some advice on how best to set it up to go fast and how best to set it up to conquor the nasty chop of Lake Erie. I had a 39 foumula with 500's and boxes for 12 years and it was a totally different animal. I also could use advice on how to figure out how the gas gauges work with the pie shaped fuel tanks and any other good tips about the boat.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by QuarterFlash
I just bought a 07 39 with 700nxt package on July 4, it seemed to be the patriotic thing to do. I could use some advice on how best to set it up to go fast and how best to set it up to conquor the nasty chop of Lake Erie. I had a 39 foumula with 500's and boxes for 12 years and it was a totally different animal. I also could use advice on how to figure out how the gas gauges work with the pie shaped fuel tanks and any other good tips about the boat.
You'll love the NXT/700 package - bullet proof and a great set up for the 39 Unlimited. Fuel goes fast once you get under 1/2 a tank. Definitely start looking for a marina at a 1/4 tank!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:01 AM
SVT
Registered

Originally Posted by QuarterFlash
Quarter, I was one of the guys that talked to you at your old formula that day in the summer/fall. Nice boat!!

You have any questions PM bigfarmer hes been running a 39TG with same setup on Lake Erie for a bity now ( he was the big guy with us). On a side note are you putting the cig on your old lift, pains me to see that boat left in the scummy water.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by redbud35
I'm running NXT's and have considered it. It sounds like blueprinting the 6 can add speed as well as improve handling. The handling would be most important to me. I can already get to 114-116, just takes some driving.
Those are big numbers Redbud!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SVT
Quarter, I was one of the guys that talked to you at your old formula that day in the summer/fall. Nice boat!!

You have any questions PM bigfarmer hes been running a 39TG with same setup on Lake Erie for a bity now ( he was the big guy with us). On a side note are you putting the cig on your old lift, pains me to see that boat left in the scummy water.
I'll give him a shout in few days. The beast goes on the lift first thing and The lift will be moving to Dock of the Bay Marina. Can't go along with the low water in Cast Away Bay. Now just have to find some premium fuel not in casta way and not too far away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.