Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Looking For A New Cig... >

Looking For A New Cig...

Notices

Looking For A New Cig...

Old 06-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually there's only one post, they other one was deleted I see a pattern here.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Actually I'm trying to help fellow boaters out. When u go to buy a boat the sales guy tend to underestimate or forget to tell u what these boats cost to run.

I sold the boat because I bought a house on an island and a plane for my transportation. Also when the merc turbos came out I felt I needed to dump it as quick as possible. The life cycle on the new engines and maintenance program is going to make buyers turn away from the old technology.

I bought AM II for 430k but also had a trade. I put another 320k into it for a grand total of 750k. The refresh of engines, trannies, headers, tailpipes, props, drives, paint, and r/r was 150k. To keep the boat perfect the buyer should expect to spend 150k every 130hrs if they want it showroom condition. Sure u can spend less but the engine work isn't being done by merc and the paint isn't being fixed by taod to name a few things. When u have a boat at this level I think it's best to spend the money on the best.

The market to sell a boat is tough and what boats actually sell for is low. I had plenty of potential buyers but the song and dance of potential buyers aggravated me. I also knew to let the boat sit for months while I waited for a buyer to show me the money wasn't smart. Big power doesn't handle long periods of down time.

There's a lot of smoke and mirrors in high performance boating. Just trying to educate someone on what it takes. If u think I'm lying about any of this or that I'm bitter on the amount of money I spent. I'm not. Boating has given me some of the best memories of my life and if I had to spend the money again I would in a heart beat. I'm just on a boat break for the time being.

Last edited by BraceYourself; 06-25-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:13 AM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tgi
Rich guys or those guys that use to have money can't do math very well.....

If you really put 150k into the boat then sold it for 235k that means AMII was worth 85k without the "refresh"? Please we aren't that stupid!!!

It's no one's fault but your own that you lost your shirt on the boat...

Boating always sets apart those who actually "have" money & those who think they "have" money.

Nothing like getting in too deep then having to dump your boat to a dealer!!
Wow! Completely uncalled for! WTF?
Old 06-25-2012, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bigfarmer
what ever happened to Helios....that boat would be worth waiting for...!!

No waiting .... just listed in classifieds

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o46245-en.html
Old 06-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that makes for a total of eight 46 RR just on OSO alone.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BraceYourself
Actually I'm trying to help fellow boaters out. When u go to buy a boat the sales guy tend to underestimate or forget to tell u what these boats cost to run.

I sold the boat because I bought a house on an island and a plane for my transportation. Also when the merc turbos came out I felt I needed to dump it as quick as possible. The life cycle on the new engines and maintenance program is going to make buyers turn away from the old technology.

I bought AM II for 430k but also had a trade. I put another 320k into it for a grand total of 750k. The refresh of engines, trannies, headers, tailpipes, props, drives, paint, and r/r was 150k. To keep the boat perfect the buyer should expect to spend 150k every 130hrs if they want it showroom condition. Sure u can spend less but the engine work isn't being done by merc and the paint isn't being fixed by taod to name a few things. When u have a boat at this level I think it's best to spend the money on the best.

The market to sell a boat is tough and what boats actually sell for is low. I had plenty of potential buyers but the song and dance of potential buyers aggravated me. I also knew to let the boat sit for months while I waited for a buyer to show me the money wasn't smart. Big power doesn't handle long periods of down time.

There's a lot of smoke and mirrors in high performance boating. Just trying to educate someone on what it takes. If u think I'm lying about any of this or that I'm bitter on the amount of money I spent. I'm not. Boating has given me some of the best memories of my life and if I had to spend the money again I would in a heart beat. I'm just on a boat break for the time being.

be glad to see you get back in boating..