Top Gun Cockpit Replacement Project

Notices

Top Gun Cockpit Replacement Project

Old 07-17-2012, 02:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Top Gun Cockpit Replacement Project

I'm planning on tearing out the cockpit upholstery this weekend in my old Top Gun. Did a little research and , other than needing an engine hoist to remove the back seat and get the new one in, it looks relatively easy to do. I've got the whole set out of a 200? T/S that is going in there. I have the side panels as well, but am planning to recover my existing ones and use them. My upholstery guy says that he can get it done in a week. The question that I have is... has anyone gone with a different color for the side panels (I'm thinking of blue that will match my paint) and how did it turn out?? I'll also get the fairing collar re-done in the same color blue and keep the orange stripe instead of the purple that it is currently.

Pictures below of the current setup...
Attached Thumbnails Top Gun Cockpit Replacement Project-tgcockpit1.jpg   Top Gun Cockpit Replacement Project-tgcockpit3.jpg  
Old 07-17-2012, 02:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

What's going in there. The hatch recover will have to wait until this winter.
Attached Thumbnails Top Gun Cockpit Replacement Project-tgbackseat.jpeg   Top Gun Cockpit Replacement Project-tgfrontbolsters.jpeg  
Old 07-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Craig give me a call if you run into any problems, as you know I recently took mine out.

Have you thought about doing the sides all one panel all the way to the floor? That's what I'm doing and I'm going to do a border in charcoal I think with white main panel and some accents around the speakers. I relocated the fresh water shower in the port side panel near the floor to the transom above the rear cleat and it's a really slick setup...just some food for thought and to spend some more money

Let me know if you need any help buddy.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:10 AM
Registered

Id be interested in your bolsters for my flat deck and Im "kind of" local before you list them for sale!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:57 AM
Registered

I'm interested in the complete intertior if it's not sold or spoking for

Thanks Jay
Old 07-18-2012, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question on the new back seat from the TS. I was told back in the day a seat out of a TS wouldn't go into a strait hull boat because the cockpit was a different depth. Curious if you had to make any mods? Also I thought he step pads were in a different place and the old side panels wouldn't match up.

Keep us posted on what if any mods you have to do.

Last edited by Von Bongo; 07-18-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Question on the new back seat from the TS. I was told back in the day a seat out of a TS wouldn't go into a strait hull boat because the cockpit was a different depth. Curious if you had to make any mods? Also I thought he step pads were in a different plance and the old side panels wouldn't match up.

Keep us posted on what if any mods you have to do.
I hope that you are wrong!!! I'll let you know in a week or so!
Old 07-18-2012, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

DONT RIP IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can already see this turning into a "he told me a week, now its the end of august, and i lost the whole summer" thread. put it off until the fall. that is the best advice i can give you.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:35 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 302Sport
DONT RIP IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can already see this turning into a "he told me a week, now its the end of august, and i lost the whole summer" thread. put it off until the fall. that is the best advice i can give you.
LMAO. I'm an engineer by trade. It'll be measured and re-measured before anything is removed!!! When I say I'm going to do something.... It gets done on time and within schedule!
Old 07-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OldSchool
LMAO. I'm an engineer by trade. It'll be measured and re-measured before anything is removed!!! When I say I'm going to do something.... It gets done on time and within schedule!
I want to save this post...lol it's a boat not a building nothing ever goes smooth...lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.