Aronow 37 Heritage >

Aronow 37 Heritage

Notices

Aronow 37 Heritage

Old 07-26-2012, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aronow 37 Heritage

Hi all, just a quick question. Is Aronow 37 Heritage the same hull as Cigarettes? I am planning to buy one and I think it is from the same molds. Except swim platform of course.

Regards Frank
Old 07-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Fr@nk
Hi all, just a quick question. Is Aronow 37 Heritage the same hull as Cigarettes? I am planning to buy one and I think it is from the same molds. Except swim platform of course.

Regards Frank
Post some pictures!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Here's one that was 4 sale last year in Brick NJ ....I believe it sold for in the middle 30's.....This was the very boat (37' aronow) that was test driven and reported on in Powerboat magazine back in 1991.........It's a wave crusher!........same as the 36' cigarette
Attached Thumbnails Aronow 37 Heritage-img_6510.jpg   Aronow 37 Heritage-img_6512.jpg   Aronow 37 Heritage-img_6514.jpg  

Last edited by scippy; 07-26-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:20 AM
Registered

Hi Scippy, thanks for pictures. I have a problem uploading pictures, maybe due to membership issues, but i have the link to the actual boat in Sweden,

http://www.finn.no/finn/boat/used/ob...nkode=35795410

Seller is saying it's a 91 mod, but I'm not sure. This actual boat have a double-seat and not two single seats.

Can anyone confirm that it's a 91, or maybe older.

Regards Frank :-)
Old 07-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the HIN, if it starts with "URT" it is the old USA Racing Team boats that changed to Aronow Power Boats company starting in 1988 and out of biz in 2002 ?? If it is a 91, this would be the best guess.

The other "Aronow" company, Aronow Marine was started by Don's son David? HIN for it would start with "DAL" and started in 1993, so doubtful a 91 would be from them.

http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/m...il.aspx?id=URT

http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/m...il.aspx?id=DAL
Old 07-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frank,

They only produced a very limited amount of the model Aronow 37' Heritage (less than 30) in the years '90 & '91 non after.
From the pics you posted "it is definetly a "Aronow 37' Heritage" The cabin looks to be in excellent shape with all the correct upholstery and headliner. The sink, table & bunk are all molded into the hull. Curious, What is the price you are paying? I almost bought one, but decided to restore my Magnum instead, but still if one came along I would snap it up..."They are a great offshore boat! -obviously you are considering one without engines, but do get a survey........Good luck!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
37AronowSpecs1.pdf (694.7 KB, 1320 views)
37AronowSpecs2.pdf (622.8 KB, 322 views)

Last edited by scippy; 07-27-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default 36?

Originally Posted by scippy
Here's one that was 4 sale last year in Brick NJ ....I believe it sold for in the middle 30's.....This was the very boat (37' aronow) that was test driven and reported on in Powerboat magazine back in 1991.........It's a wave crusher!........same as the 36' cigarette
The 36 Cigarette had a 9'6 beam and ran differently than a 38 Cigarette. (I've owned a 38 TG and ridden in a 36 Cigarette.) Are you stating the 37 Aronow had a 9'6" beam? I don't think so.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 07-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Registered

Hi guys, thanks for replies. This is important information for me.
About HIN, seller does not know what this is should try to find this number. This is important to me.
About the boat, I think this is the same hull as Cigarettes but with some mods. This boat has integrated swim plattform and I like this :-)
About beam, this is not the same beam as the 36, my brother owns Aeromarine 3 and this boat is wider. Aronow is 8 feet beam.
About price, it's approx 25.000 USD and I think it is to much. I guess I can get a real Cig from US cheaper. I will wait a little bit before I make a move. Boats like this Aronow is not easy to sell in Scandinavia.
Anyway, thanks for info so far.
Regard Frank
Old 07-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Hin

Originally Posted by Fr@nk
Hi guys, thanks for replies. This is important information for me.
About HIN, seller does not know what this is should try to find this number. This is important to me.
About the boat, I think this is the same hull as Cigarettes but with some mods. This boat has integrated swim plattform and I like this :-)
About beam, this is not the same beam as the 36, my brother owns Aeromarine 3 and this boat is wider. Aronow is 8 feet beam.
About price, it's approx 25.000 USD and I think it is to much. I guess I can get a real Cig from US cheaper. I will wait a little bit before I make a move. Boats like this Aronow is not easy to sell in Scandinavia.
Anyway, thanks for info so far.
Regard Frank
The HIN is the Hull Identification Number. On Cigarettes, it is usually in the upper right(starboard) corner of the transom just below the rub rail. The HIN letters and numbers are a negative relief, that is, it is if they are stamped in so to speak. They were created ny using reverse image numbers and letters in the mold, so when the boat was pulled from the mold, they are 'normal' to read , left to right but they appear indented. I'm guessing on Aronow's they are on the same place.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 07-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frank,

They stamped the HIN on the rightside of the molded swim paltform. On the face of the sweeping curve that supports the platform.

O.C. Barry,
Right, the Aronow has a 8' beam not the 9.6 of the 36'.....my bad.
Attached Files
Aronow_Aronow37_0490.pdf (920.6 KB, 553 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.