2006 38 top gun on ebay!Buyers Beware it was sunk in saltwater >

2006 38 top gun on ebay!Buyers Beware it was sunk in saltwater

Notices

2006 38 top gun on ebay!Buyers Beware it was sunk in saltwater

Old 08-22-2012, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SVT
To who ever posted the ebay ad with this boat in the picture and the caption that says it sunk.............................................. ....Pure genius. Hahahaha. Funny thing is there are 3 bids on it too.
That would be me. The really sad thing is, I am getting a ton of questions probably from no one here thinking that it is legit and they are not making the correlation between the two listings.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by drivrswntd
That would be me. The really sad thing is, I am getting a ton of questions probably from no one here thinking that it is legit and they are not making the correlation between the two listings.
Can't you set it up to where you have to pre-approve bidders?

You also should edit the description, and add a link to this thread
Old 08-22-2012, 11:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by drivrswntd
You have gotten involved with this and more than likely is no business of yours unless you are planning on buying it and now you are the one committing FRAUD! Be prepared to produce a boat.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

How is he commiting fraud? He is the one warning about fraud. Read his description unlike the idiots that are bidding on it. You should be thanking him for trying to get the truth known.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Just was surfing Ebay and saw your listing. That's good! But I'd be a little worried that you may get in trouble with ebay for an add when you don't have the boat. Hopefully you won't and the people bidding on the "real" boat will see it and realized they're being deceived.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:18 PM
Registered

Wow Really RWS???? My listing will be taken down within the next 2 days when the other auction ends. I'm not selling or taking payment for anything so not sure where your coming up with I have to produce a boat.

All I'm trying to do is get the word out and hopefully prevent someone from getting screwed over. I know if it was me I would hope someoone else would do the same as well. But hey to each his own you want someone else to go and get screwed over then so be it, if i can help prevent that then I will.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Registered

Everything about your listing indicates you are selling that boat. As far as saving someone else from getting screwed over, any right minded person will do their homework before spending any amount of money on a high ticket item such as this boat. As far as I am concerned for $113,100.00 as of now, that boat is a good buy. If someone doesn't do their homework then they deserve to get screwed over and to no fault but their own.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Registered

First time and last time blogger of any forum,
I am the proud owner of the controversial Cigarette Topgun 38 GT for sale on eBay. This boat had a “Buy it now price” that went away upon first bid. I believe placing a “Reserve” limits the bidder field and limits competition. This boat was introduced to me as an Insurance auction. This boat is immaculate but was flooded, as all are aware, forum indicated on post # 77, no secrets here. I then took a ride to see this boat first-hand I was stunned by its beauty, absolutely breathtaking, but was worried about the flood designation. I did a comparitave analysis and determined that this would be a good investment even if engine overhaul was required. The auctioner had no history to offer except that this was an insurance auction and that it was salt water flooded. Auction info stated, “Damage: Flood,SW “and frankly the history didn’t matter to me because of the potential and I was quite prepared to fix or replace anything that was wrong with it even if it meant rebuilding the motors which fortunately was unnecessary. After many thousands of dollars every component that could be possibly affected by salt water was replaced, rewound, or rebuilt.
Alternators were rebuilt to maintain the blue anodized housing, new starters were installed, all switches, all breakers, all solenoids, all hydraulic pump motors, all instrument gauges were replaced with chrome bezel carbon fiber faced Livorsi Cigarette 1 factory upgrades, trim tab cables were replaced, 4 channel sub was replaced and rewired with a 5 channel MB Quart amp and remote control Clarion head unit and the list goes on with receipts as evidence.
All fluids were removed flushed and replaced with specified grade and the engines were hand cranked and pickled three times for absolute assuredness. Compression tests were even and within spec throughout all 16 cylinders, all sensors and sparkplugs were replaced.
The engines start instantly, run beautifully and sound radical. The write up has a type”O” in that it had 270 hours on it not 170. These hour meters are new and the engines are being scanned as we speak and the printout will reflect actual engine hours then the hour meters will be set to reflect accordingly. Took it for a test spin, nothing crazy, with a chase boat to film as shown in the Youtube video. It ran great and I tried not to outrun the camera boat. This is a great boat that will be enjoyed by someone for a reasonable price but this is no giveaway no matter how much slander is asserted.
But what is truly unfortunate to me are the insults, the innuendos and the aspersions participated by some. If anyone doubts the condition as stated should put their money where their mouth is, spend a couple of bucks to visit and bring your mechanic.
It seems like there a conspiratorial attempt to discredit the boat’s condition by someone who either considers himself a good Samaritan or a shyster with ulterior motives for the acquisition of this boat.
I was called by a dealer offering me $140k but I told him it is committed to go the eBay course. After all the work that was done I’m sure if purchased there would be nothing to do but flip it for a windfall.
Now I’m not sure of, but will investigate, as to the violations of ebay policies especially the reposting of my boat by the genius who doesn’t own it stating “Buyers beware” and OffshoreOnly policies, along with the pursuit of the legal ramifications of maliciously stifling a private business sale as a detriment to livelihood. I’m also going to investigate who the perpetrators of these acts are to hold them accountable. It will be an easy discovery and I will subpoena eBay and Offshore Only with Notices to Produce for defamation without proof!
And to quell the rumor mill I may pay to have this boat surveyed by a reputable company because I’m confident of the outcome and to refute the derogatory statements made. I’m very likely to pull this from auction to have this service performed and depending on the survey may find its worth of higher value.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Hahahaha..
John jr

Last edited by Fenderjack; 08-22-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

When I first saw the original ebay ad, I was very intrigued. But when I read the description and saw the photos, I thought, NO WAY, there must be something wrong with this boat. I'm surprised people actually bid on it. As the saying goes "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!!"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.