84 Mistress Project >

84 Mistress Project

Notices

84 Mistress Project

Old 10-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rostyv
Actually, I have seen several Mistresses with exhaust that low. I guess it goes into the water to keep the sound low. I assume the bend in the elbow is enough to keep the water from backing into the exhaust. Althoug some that I have seen had flappers on the pipes as well. It will be quite a project. Luckily, it is coming to Thailand, where labor is much cheaper. . If anybody else knows anything about this boat, I would love to hear it. Thanks
i used to see in ocean city ,md. older guy had it .i was still on the yard at grande yachts on wednesday .did the trailer go with it ?
Old 10-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Registered

I believe they should be picking it up today. It was a repo boat that has been neglected for a while. The survey came back ok. They said the trailer wasn't road worthy so I took their word for it and didn't take it. It did look like crap in the photos, but who knows? Maybe Grande wanted to keep it for themselves.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rostyv
I believe they should be picking it up today. It was a repo boat that has been neglected for a while. The survey came back ok. They said the trailer wasn't road worthy so I took their word for it and didn't take it. It did look like crap in the photos, but who knows? Maybe Grande wanted to keep it for themselves.
The trailer was a Myco and it barely had enough structural integrity to support the boat sitting still!!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 07:05 AM
Registered

Haha, that's what I was told. The broker said they would have to pay somebody to haul that thing away.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Registered

Still wasn't able to have that thing picked up. Grande Yachts is apparently having a boat show or something and are too busy to deal with my boat. So, looks like Wednesday will be the day.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I looked at that one as well, but i ended up with a different boat. mine needs a lot of work as well. I really liked the windshield your boat has, you dont see a lot like that. I think it changes the look of the whole boat. congrats and good luck with the project. looking forward to more pics.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Registered

Thanks Bowtie. They finally got her picked up on Wednesday. She is getting cleaned and prepped for shipping as we speak and should be on her way to port on Monday or Tuesday. From there it will be close to 2 months before I can see exactly what I bought and where to start.