Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
X Dimension 1985 Flat Deck >

X Dimension 1985 Flat Deck

Notices

X Dimension 1985 Flat Deck

Old 10-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks 302 but the 3 drive is the tallest one of the SSM series if I remmeber correctly and going higher than necessary causes other issues such as COG and clearance issues under the hatch. On my 43 Scarab when I had it I put the drives at 2.5 inches below the hull but it had a notch and that worked killer. But even with that setting my N/A engines were almost touching the hatch . I would like to get it as close to perfect as I can can without spacers .

RG.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Rick can you email me some info on your scarab setup? Power props etc? That's a similar hull to mine curious how it planed, handled etc.
[email protected]
Old 10-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Al has the boat now. I gave him my temp plate dimenions as he said he was going to help you sort your hull. When I set the drives on the Scarab I talked to Dan M at Team Archer Marine in CA they are the scarab gurus and work with with Larry smith on set up. With my 725hp N/A mills and 4 blade 25 pitch props I would walk it on plane quickly and not break 3,000 RPM . I had the prop shaft set at 2.5 to 2.75 inches below the hull and it worked perfectly. Al tells me with his 1,100 hp mills and I think a 32 pitch prop he can almost get it on plane with one motor.
RG.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

oh ok now i know the boat! didnt realize you were the same guy! cool thanks for the info. was worried about how mine was gonna plane, didnt want to be dropping tabs all the way and holding at 4,000 to roll up on plane. then play the balance game. sounds like it worked well and in a way i'll be happy with.