Anyone Know this 38' Top Gun >

Anyone Know this 38' Top Gun

Notices

Anyone Know this 38' Top Gun

Old 03-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spicy
That's just bringing logic into this now!!!!

A very good logic. Duh. Those must be therefore and after pics. Maybe I should buy a boat, put valve springs in it, freshen the bravos and mark it up 30k! Good lord.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
2001 stepped
I can't speak for year of construction ie: 2000 vs 2001....But I've driven both a 1994 TG and a 2005 and my choice for ride would be the straight bottom for sure....a little slower but a nicer ride...just my 2c
Old 03-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 3,017 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by topprop
I can't speak for year of construction ie: 2000 vs 2001....But I've driven both a 1994 TG and a 2005 and my choice for ride would be the straight bottom for sure....a little slower but a nicer ride...just my 2c
I hear you. Everyone is entilted to their opinion. I wasn't nec. refering to "ride quality" when I said an 01 TS over a non TS 00. I was just talking about over all which is better.

But since you bring it up...I owned a straight bottom TG and have literally thousands of hours in straight bottom Cigs AND T/S Cigs. I have to tell you I could not tell between the two boats regarding "better ride". I've read the arguments over the years that a straight bottom boat rides nicer in the rough but from my own personal experience between these two boats, a T/S rides just as nice in rough water as a Straight bottom and many that have owned both will contest that the T/S actually rides BETTER!

But it is what it is. Big heavy straight bottom boats (old cigs, Apaches, Scarabs and the such) will just be known as resin buckets and wave crushers. They will always have thay mystique.