38 Top Gun w/525's

Notices

38 Top Gun w/525's

Old 06-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the bear
The speeds everyone is quoting is what I thought, this one person kept trying to tell me his ran 109....I tried to be reasonable after 5 or 6 times saying bull****, thinking maybe my estimate was wrong, but from what I see here unless it has 700 plus HP no way...
If a Gun went that speed with just 525s in her, I'd own one already. lol
Old 06-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Phil was working on a new side by side TG with 650 Zul's several years back when we were down there and it was running over the century mark (102+ if memory serves me) but the motors were starving for air with the hatch down. He and Ritchie were trying different ways to get additional air into the bilge. Now, obviously, this was with an extreme amount of tweaking from a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to Cigs and one helluva engine builder. Don't know what the final number was on the boat but obviously it would take in the 700hp range to get near that 109 summit.