Cafe Racer - Bullet - Chicago >

Cafe Racer - Bullet - Chicago

Notices

Cafe Racer - Bullet - Chicago

Old 04-19-2015, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Hamm's is a sh!thole, though. How is Ivy? Thought you had to get referred to get in there. Boat looks good there sitting at the docks by Joe's.
Well it feels like they needed new members. I didn't need the referal. My buddy and I hung out in the bar about a month ago on a nice Saturday when we were looking at marinas and one of the other guys at the bar became my referrer. I got half off on the slip fee, the joining dues waived, a $100 credit for food and drink, plus I get lower dues since I'm under 34. The barge slips aren't great, but it's mostly covered. Apparently in the summer it's a big party. My dock neighbors I've met are super cool.

I'm not sure what I'll do next year when my slip fee double or at 34 when my dues rate goes up a lot. I'm not really looking for new friends, they're all much older than I am. So the social aspect isn't as important to me.

The river is so dirty and smelly. Maybe next summer I'll consider keeping it on Lake Michigan or something.

Last edited by hogie roll; 04-19-2015 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by hogie roll
Well it feels like they needed new members. I didn't need the referal. My buddy and I hung out in the bar about a month ago on a nice Saturday when we were looking at marinas and one of the other guys at the bar became my referrer. I got half off on the slip fee, the joining dues waived, a $100 credit for food and drink, plus I get lower dues since I'm under 34. The barge slips aren't great, but it's mostly covered. Apparently in the summer it's a big party. My dock neighbors I've met are super cool.

I'm not sure what I'll do next year when my slip fee double or at 34 when my dues rate goes up a lot. I'm not really looking for new friends, they're all much older than I am. So the social aspect isn't as important to me.

The river is so dirty and smelly. Maybe next summer I'll consider keeping it on Lake Michigan or something.
Lol. Yeah, around Peoria Lake the river isn't great. Got a buddy at Eastport but it's too shallow for a lift in there and I couldn't handle being out in the open. My covered 12' x 28' in Clinton is $2,250/year and it is a total shathole. Problem is there is no competition and therefore, no incentive to make things nice.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Lol. Yeah, around Peoria Lake the river isn't great. Got a buddy at Eastport but it's too shallow for a lift in there and I couldn't handle being out in the open. My covered 12' x 28' in Clinton is $2,250/year and it is a total shathole. Problem is there is no competition and therefore, no incentive to make things nice.
Yeah the guy by Alexander's has covered slips with lift but he wants a fortune. I'm not trying to pay for a new lift yearly lol.