Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
F.S  38 flatdeck staggered >

F.S 38 flatdeck staggered

Notices

F.S 38 flatdeck staggered

Old 12-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Kreed can I get some of what you are smoking ?
RG.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:42 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
Should sell pretty quick if the sell would just come down a 100K......
I think thats what he meant to say
Old 12-15-2013, 05:31 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Satin Doll

Originally Posted by tom rockstroh
Bought new by a Car Dealer in Maryland. Saw it out alot in Ocean City Md. I rode on it once and it was fast for the time,I think around 70 or so. Seems this boat has been unused for a long time but is still in good shape. Boat had 625 Champinonmakers in it when new and burn AV gas supplied by the local airport gas guy. I do remember him coming back in on one engine alot as I think those engines were tempermental needing lots of adjustments and reliability issues. His next boat was a 83' 35 Mistress with Mercrury 460's but ran all day.
Sorry Tom, I've been busy. Yes, my good friend Bill had this boat built new by Mark McManus and Don Aronow in 1978. In fact, I had dinner with Bill and two of his general managers last night. We were talking about the building of Satin Doll and how much fun we had with it. I was just a young kid and met Bill doing some of the maintenance work on Satin Doll, we've been close friends ever since. I blame Bill for me having owned 5 Cigarettes myself! LOL The 100 octane Av gas was delivered by the airport folks to a tank Bill had installed at the marina. The late Doug Ake (an OC legend) maintained the boat. As far as I know, Satin Doll was the first 38 foot pleasure Cig. It even had 37.6X by the Cig emblems. It had a reconfigured deck that was narrowed and stretched form a 36 Cig deck. It was heavy, when the boat flew and Bill chopped the throttles, it was quite a jump.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 12-16-2013, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by icdedppl
i think thats what he meant to say:d
e x a c t l y