1989 Cafe Racer inspection tips?! >

1989 Cafe Racer inspection tips?!

Notices

1989 Cafe Racer inspection tips?!

Old 01-16-2014, 02:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Considering he states there is no difference between marine and regular plywood is enough to know this will be a hack job of some sort... poor Cig gonna get ruined....

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Good luck Justin. If you really want a cig don't settle. You'll hate it. I really want a fountain and am holding out till I get the right one. Dmax knew about the deposit from an Oso member as he had posted in this thread, so he is just as shady as the seller in my opinion when it comes to the board. Had this never been brought up and no clue of this then bought it is a different story. He wants to show us all that he is Reggie fountain/don aronow/Eddie young/McLeod/Mitcher T all in one.

I have lost all respect for him doing this to another Oso member.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 236 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Considering he states there is no difference between marine and regular plywood is enough to know this will be a hack job of some sort... poor Cig gonna get ruined....
LOL, like I said, in applicational purposes like transom repair, floors, etc, there is no difference if you use marine ply or reg ply. We've been doing it for years and most boat builders will tell you the same. At least most all the ones I've met
Old 01-16-2014, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax
LOL, like I said, in applicational purposes like transom repair, floors, etc, there is no difference if you use marine ply or reg ply. We've been doing it for years and most boat builders will tell you the same. At least most all the ones I've met
Who's we? Who did you work for to "learn" all this
Old 01-16-2014, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

There is a huge difference in marine ply and reg ply...most importantly the glue used in the bonding process of the layers...put both types in water for a few days and see what happens
Old 01-16-2014, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 736 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax
"You can B.S. some of the people some of the time but you'll never B.S. all of the people all of the time. "
unknown
Old 01-16-2014, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 218 Likes on 113 Posts

Sorry you lost out on buying the boat,,,it sucks how sometimes things work out but at the end it all happens for a reason,,,

I know I will get $hit for this but,,,,I do not think we should be blaming 315duramax,,,did he really do anything wrong? the boat was for sale and he bought it,,
I put blame on the Marina for selling a boat they had a deposit on,,,,
with that been said,,,it does not sound like the deal was handled correctly from the start,,,why put a non refundable deposit on a boat and then try to arrange inspection??if the inspector came back to you and told you the boat needed 30k in repairs you would more than likely walked away from it and lost your deposit or called your credit card and disputed charges,,,
I think you should have paid for the boat in full and worried about conditioned once you had boat in your possesion or inspected boat before deposit was made,,,
Not sure it was clear to the Marina that the deal was 100% done since you still wanted boat surveyed,,,

sorry do not want to upset anyone but ask yourself,,,you got one guy with money ready to take boat of your lot, so do you sale it to him or wait for the other guy to have boat inspected 1st,,,

I know it suck but you learn and move on,,,been there done that,,,

one of the lessons I learned long ago is,,never start a thread about a boat you want to buy before its actually yours.....

I am sure your upset now but I think you will find a boat you could be happy with
Old 01-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by c_deezy
I would say its a blessing in disguise.

Obviously the seller wanted to dump the boat, as quickly as possible for whatever reason. You wanted to investigate further, buyer number 2 had in cash in hand and wanted to pull it away immediately. Seller knew it probably wouldn't pass a survey and took the easy money. Consider yourself lucky.
Which is why it was probably offered to fullwhack by dmax after he got it home and took a good look at it lol
Old 01-16-2014, 08:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

The FB version is real fun !!!

hes a 19 year old genius!!! nobody else knows anything...
Old 01-16-2014, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 236 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by park35
There is a huge difference in marine ply and reg ply...most importantly the glue used in the bonding process of the layers...put both types in water for a few days and see what happens
yes but once encapsulated in glass the structure properties are no difference.. thats what i was saying.

that is all.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 202 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
The FB version is real fun !!!

hes a 19 year old genius!!! nobody else knows anything...
There's a fb version also?! What's the name I can search? Feeling left out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.