Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Sooooo I bought this Cafe Racer.... Take a look.... >

Sooooo I bought this Cafe Racer.... Take a look....

Notices

Sooooo I bought this Cafe Racer.... Take a look....

Old 01-27-2014, 09:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Love that trailer. I had a gooseneck under my gun they tow so good.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

It makes me sick to see what people will do with a fine boats, cars, houses etc. We have neighbors at our summer place that just don't care- they have gone thru 2-3 water pumps because they failed to drain them during the winter -

Their boats are a joke - they purchased both a ski boat and pontoon boat a couple of years ago. First week out with the ski boat they ripped the prop off-- didn't realize that you need a certain depth of water to run a boat-- DUGH --last year because of neglect they replaced the pontoon - when the marina came to pick up the old one there were 3 batteries in the boat - nothing wrong with them - it was that they were discharged and the people didn't know that you could re-charge a battery -- so the solution was to buy a new battery....The carpet was stained, and torn in a couple of areas. seats were ripped. we won't get into the empty beer cans and bottles in the storage areas. what is even worse these are professional people - one is an attorney and the other is an IT type. the problem is that they have more money than Daniel boone and they just don't care.

to those that much has been given much is demanded

3pointstar
Old 01-27-2014, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamaha24
What am I missing, " down the wrong road" ?
derail the thread..
Old 01-27-2014, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look forward to seeing that boat on the chain this year!!
Old 01-27-2014, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamaha24
I am not sure exactly where it came from originally.
Sure looks like a boat I had seen a couple of times in southwestern CT about 10 years ago, if so it was a super clean boat at the time.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow - such a shame to see how people let things go. glad to see that its in good hands now. i bought it from the original owner who kept it in King George, VA and used it on the Potomac. It was never in CT even though I live there now. I used it on the east end of Long Island with trips to Block Island. Good luck with it!
Old 02-11-2014, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any updates......?
Old 02-12-2014, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coopsmirage
Any updates......?

Yes actually sorry for the delay, I broke my collar bone in a little bit of pain, this is going to delay all my work for about 6 weeks, good news is interior at upholstery guy, and engine hatch gets dropped off tomorrow for updated venting and re gelcoat of engine hatch.I did have entire boat buffed out here in my shop, looks like a completely different boat. I will try and get some pics up this week.
I did get to repair a few minor things before I hurt myself.
I had to take dash apart to fix cabin door barely opened, tracked was all jacked up. that's all better now. Want to install amps in closet and bolt in from behind dash while it is apart. I just cannot reassemble dash until I am healed.

I cleaned a little bit of the cabin interior, I do not know if pics will do any justice, but turned out great looks like different material.

Also I am selling the 28ss
Old 02-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

your 28 is sweet!!!!! that should be a quick and easy sell. beautiful boat!! spring is still a ways away you will have time to get the cafe up and going.