Buck's Bullet >

Buck's Bullet

Notices

Buck's Bullet

Old 01-23-2014, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Buck's Bullet

I'm starting a new thread on the Bullet due to posting pics of the process in random threads here and there on the forum. Time to keep it all in one place.

For those that don't know, we sold the 28, AKA the "OSO Bicycle", back in September to purchase a Bullet from Carter. He had just acquired it and was getting ready to move forward on one of his infamous rebuilds that he does on these things. Him and I have been conversing for years trying to get us into one but it just never worked out on our end financially. We took the possession of the boat prior to him starting any work. This enabled us to try to keep things within our budget. (yeah right)

Anyway, it's an 89 Bullet. Someone had spent a fair amount of coin on her at some point in time. She had also been shown a little neglect over time. The paint needed a little TLC. The mills needed some love, nothing major, Cockpit interior was due for a full replacement due to previous owner not knowing how to use a cover. The process would be overseen by Carter to make sure all the details are taken care of.

Carter pulled the motors and took them to his guy. Interior got dropped off at Waves and Wheels for them to due their thing. Boat was taken to Vincent for him to work his magic on the exterior.

Here's a few pics of what we started with.

Last edited by buck183; 01-23-2014 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:36 PM
Registered

Some interior pics...

Hatch logo was screen printed. Couldn't figure that one out.

Head rests have to go.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:45 PM
Registered

Moving forward. Progress pics...

Hatch logo getting done. For the record, the guy Carter uses for this work is amazing. Knows his stuff.

Hatch logo with some other panels done.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:58 PM
Registered

Some motor pics before.

How they look now.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:11 PM
Registered

The next series of pics will be for Vincent and his amazing talents.

The clear coat on the boat needed some attention. The goal was to save the graphics without having to repaint due to budget constraints. Without going into too much detail he was able to do what we needed within our means.

The transom needed lots of holes filled due to removing the air lines on the muffles, removing the water pressure line for the speedo, and removing the clam shell style through hull cable covers. While doing this we may as well paint it too.

How it looks now.

Cig ovals after he worked his magic. Note how the logo looked in one of the original pics I posted in this thread. He knocked this one out of the park in my book.

This is how the finish looks now. He was able to bring this thing back to life. The shine it has now compared to when he got it is night and day difference.

Last edited by buck183; 01-23-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:18 PM
Registered

More of his work. Next few pics are some goodies he did for us to show the interior some love. The bolsters originally had the flat style handles on the back of them. Second pic is what he had made for us and painted to replace those.

Some pieces in their intended locations.

Last edited by buck183; 01-23-2014 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:23 PM
Registered

Pretty much all I have for pics now.

I should start seeing some progress pics on the interior in the next week or two. When I met with Dustin at Waves and Wheels he helped come up with some nice ideas to add some flare. I really look forward to seeing their work come to fruition.

I am still up in the air on whiting out he helms. (don't cuss me yet) I may still choose to do it. Having seen the new dash panels on the black makes me hate the black less than I originally did.

New white gauges are going back in. Well, kind of new. They are pull outs.

Carter is keeping on eye on every detail for us. He makes things almost too easy sometimes. His attention to detail is second to none. Keep in mind he does this kind of stuff as a hobby and a love for the sport. He knows the ins and outs of these things at every stage of the game. He has the right contacts and abilities to cover all the bases in a process like this. When you see a Bullet, or any Cig, that he has had his hands on you pretty much know it immediately. I'm beginning to think he should consult jobs like this for a living. If he sees something not going in the right direction he jumps in and stops it without question to make sure it's what everyone wants. He's doing some things for us that he doesn't have to do and I plan to sing his praises when talking about this boat in the future.

Feel free to comment, tell me I'm stupid for the direction we are going, ask questions, or anything you feel like.

Buck

Last edited by buck183; 01-23-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome !! Boat is beautiful !!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

Beautiful boat!! Sweet upgrades, I'm impressed/jealous!
Old 01-24-2014, 12:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.