Cigarette race hatch.

Notices

Cigarette race hatch.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:42 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
this boat has one. had better pics but cant find them. might be on work computer.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]518516[/ATTACH]
That one was custom made.. That boat was in brick nj for awhile
Old 02-15-2014, 06:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember reading or hearing that glassdave may have a mold for one. Not sure if its exactly what you are looking for but try getting a hold of him.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:07 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I know the old owner and the boat. I don't think it sold for $18K. I'm pretty sure it was in the $20s (sorry, I'm too polite to ask the exact amount). I wish I had extra money around to have bought it. Big inch NA motors, dry exhaust headers and #3 speedmasters. Sweet running boat! And yes, the hatch was delaminating some around the lower edges.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Hollowpoint
I know the old owner and the boat. I don't think it sold for $18K. I'm pretty sure it was in the $20s (sorry, I'm too polite to ask the exact amount). I wish I had extra money around to have bought it. Big inch NA motors, dry exhaust headers and #3 speedmasters. Sweet running boat! And yes, the hatch was delaminating some around the lower edges.
Where did it end up? Is it getting a facelift? I thought about that boat for a long time but I am not a paint and glass guy so i passed. It had all the right hardware
Old 02-15-2014, 07:57 AM
Registered

The reason I asked is I'm sure the engine compartment cant get enough air through the factory vents on the side. And I'm redoing the swim pad so I'm thinking of installing 2, 7 to 9 in. snorkel style scoops with the pad around it and vents on the back of the hatch. The power I have now will be fine with a flat hatch But I'm going to warm them up a little to around 600 hp. soon. Plus everything looks bettor with scoops I think!
Old 02-15-2014, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by ItsPeanut
I remember reading or hearing that glassdave may have a mold for one. Not sure if its exactly what you are looking for but try getting a hold of him.
He has one sitting in his shop, for a Top Gun. I am sure the glassmaster could make it work for a cafe. You will not find better quality for the right price anywhere else. Call or PM him, I am sure he can help you out.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:39 PM
Registered

I tried to PM. but it didn't go through. Where is he located? Is a 38 and a 35 hatch the same?
Old 02-15-2014, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Tom
I tried to PM. but it didn't go through. Where is he located? Is a 38 and a 35 hatch the same?
Not sure about the overall size, but definitely not the same hatch design. The Cafes hatch has about 6" or so of the hull side attached, while the Top Guns is flat along the side. Best way i can explain.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:41 AM
Registered

Ok Thank you! I thought they where the same hatch.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:26 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Tom, not sure why the pm's didn't get through my box might'a been full. I have been slammed all winter. I actually have several hatch molds, I'm sure we can find something that could work. I have done several that I "dammed" up the perimeter of an existing mold to rough dimensions that could work

four one nine - four six one - four one one four anytime

thanks guys
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.