TopGun Stereo Upgrade >

TopGun Stereo Upgrade

Notices

TopGun Stereo Upgrade

Old 08-25-2014, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb TopGun Stereo Upgrade

I have 4 babb 10 inch speakers that are toast. I understand that another company is now making them. DC GOLD ?? The only advantage would be to replace the 10 inch speakers and utilize the holes. I have 2 10 inch in the gunnels and 2 10 inch under rear seat in a small enclosure. My thought was use 2 10 inch subs in the rear seat and replace the 10 inch babbs w DC gold which are 420.00 a pair. The JL subs M10w5 were what I was thinking. I would also like to install some JL 770 up high on either side of the bolsters. My question is regarding the amp. I have 1 existing amp claiming 1000 watt that power all 4 10 inch babbs.I assume that the amp is capable of powering a pair of 10 inch DC golds (direct replacement) and the JL 770 's ? What type of amp for the 10 inch subs Class D? how many watts and what brand? I have already changed the head unit to a clarion w RCA outs.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
I have 4 babb 10 inch speakers that are toast. I understand that another company is now making them. DC GOLD ?? The only advantage would be to replace the 10 inch speakers and utilize the holes. I have 2 10 inch in the gunnels and 2 10 inch under rear seat in a small enclosure. My thought was use 2 10 inch subs in the rear seat and replace the 10 inch babbs w DC gold which are 420.00 a pair. The JL subs M10w5 were what I was thinking. I would also like to install some JL 770 up high on either side of the bolsters. My question is regarding the amp. I have 1 existing amp claiming 1000 watt that power all 4 10 inch babbs.I assume that the amp is capable of powering a pair of 10 inch DC golds (direct replacement) and the JL 770 's ? What type of amp for the 10 inch subs Class D? how many watts and what brand? I have already changed the head unit to a clarion w RCA outs.
My opinion, Switch everything to JL Audio, I have installed in my last two boats and all I can say is damn!! I am not a big fan of speakers all over the boat, to each his own though.... I kind of like the interior to be the focus so this is what I ran in my Café.
Front speakers M770-CCS-SG-WH this allowed me to put the 7.7 under standups then run my midrange/tweeter up higher, nice clean look.
Back speakers M880-CCX-SG-WH these are under back seat, they look really nice there.
All this is powered with 1 MHD 600 amp and the systems pounds, you can turn it up all the way with zero distortion. It hits hard when people are in my boat they cannot figure out where all that sound is coming from LOL.... It gets so loud you cant talk with it turned all the way up. JLAudio makes some top quality products.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

Jl_____yes!!!
Old 08-25-2014, 04:55 PM
Registered

So what you describe is the same amount of speakers. Only i was going to end up with 2 more mids.not sep tweeters. So you have,no,sub? 4 channel,amp?
Old 08-26-2014, 05:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
So what you describe is the same amount of speakers. Only i was going to end up with 2 more mids.not sep tweeters. So you have,no,sub? 4 channel,amp?
No actual subs between the 8" JL, and 7.7", plenty of bass, I am a pretty picky guy when it comes to my stereos and this leaves me completely happy. Yes 1 amp the MHD600/4 150 clean watts per channel.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:50 AM
Registered

gotcha, thanks