Fuel economy

Notices

Fuel economy

Old 08-29-2014, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
yeah but the Sandler is worth every penny!!! 100mph 50 footer
Going to try to get him to leave the skater home and run the sandler one more time in the fall fun run. We can all take a piece after for memories haha
Old 08-29-2014, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
I'm sure it has nothing to do with a big azz heavy boat plowing thru the water ....LOL....
You leave my lovable fat chick out of it. The difference may be negligible, but the fact the drive is built like a brick shethouse and the transmissions are taking some power, it has to be mentioned that they hurt economy. Not saying it is a deal breaker or a reason to not buy a TRS boat, but it does bear mentioning. Personally, I think if you are worried about fuel economy when buying a performance boat, you shouldn't bother buying a performance boat.

Personally now that I have owned one, I love having a TRS boat. They shift like butter, are pretty bulletproof if you stay within reason on power, and since most people don't want them they are a great value. I have yet to have a hard time finding parts either, you just have to be creative with where you source them.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

I have a piece of tape where the secondaries start to come in.. used it to for tuning purposes but I have since left it there so I know when she goes into guzzle mode...and I`m not talking about your mom

On a serious note I have noticed a nice difference in fuel usage ( for the better) after having High Flow Heads do the combustion chambers.... better, faster, more complete burn is what I was promised and it was delivered, I`ve noticed it at the pump...plus they sounds like a 1500hp motors.. bigger bang, bigger noise
Old 08-29-2014, 06:39 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by donzi matt
Personally, I think if you are worried about fuel economy when buying a performance boat, you shouldn't bother buying a performance boat.
LOl. You know I'm busting chops as I know you know how things work.

Or a ski boat (mostly the older one's) and use it as a family take a long trip in it boat. You know how many people from our area load up the family and go to Wolefboro or god forbid Alton and complain about how much gas, having to stop for more gas, and etc, etc? They just plow thru the water and WOT is only mid 40's.

My little boat's minus's are it doesn't like waves at all. Big boat way trumps it here.

Fuel mileage ? How about 15 gallons from my place, to Alton, over to Wolfeboro, and then back home. That's it. I save gas $ during the summer. Snowmobiling chows it. LOL.

Small + light = good fuel mileage and good mph per HP.

Small + light = absolutely, positively horrible in the waves.

All boats have their + and -'s. And where we live/boat we would need 3-5 different boats to cover most of the boating we would like to do. LOL.

Last edited by SB; 08-29-2014 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 38 with 500 carbs and trs got 1.7mpg at 3500. Now with my #5s and boxes with about 800ish hp i checked it again two weeks ago and it was exactly 1mpg. Not that it matters but nice to know how far you can safely run
Old 08-29-2014, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Rbesola
My 38 with 500 carbs and trs got 1.7mpg at 3500. Now with my #5s and boxes with about 800ish hp i checked it again two weeks ago and it was exactly 1mpg. Not that it matters but nice to know how far you can safely run
Do boxes still help a gun when they have a notch? Are you just trying to get the X even higher than the 5 does on its own?
Old 08-29-2014, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
All boats have their + and -'s. And where we live/boat we would need 3-5 different boats to cover most of the boating we would like to do. LOL.
And that is exactly why I have 4 boats. A 32 cruiser for a day out anchoring, the Formula for actually getting places quickly, a 22 bowrider for skiing, tubing and quick trips, and a 13 foot Whaler for the kids and fishing.

Here is the rub, my newest boat is a 1996. I buy older, clean, well kept boats instead of new stuff. Fuel injection? Pump the throttle a couple times and they fire right up. In some ways they take more upkeep, but in others they are easier to own.

I chuckled when the guy in a brand new Bennington pontoon boat quipped about how much my fuel bill was for my Formula. It probably equals one of his payments and he gets to ride that depreciation train right to the bottom. If I don't want my boat to cost me money, I just don't turn the key. And I will bet I get a hell of a lot more compliments about my clean, old Formula than he will ever get about his floating minivan.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Rbesola
the last part was why i posted it.. so roughly 1 mpg for cruising and a bit less if im hammaring down. thats what i wanted to know! thanks guys!!
Old 08-29-2014, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hogie roll
Do boxes still help a gun when they have a notch? Are you just trying to get the X even higher than the 5 does on its own?
You can pretty much set you're x-dim wherever you want it when you rig it but the boxes serve two main purposes, to run a high x-dim(even with the bottom in my case) and be far enough back to be in clean water for getting on plane, and for added leverage to carry the bow. Notch essentially acts as another box
Old 08-29-2014, 09:42 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

Use the fuel gauge and fill as needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.