What is your opinion of a "clean" boat?

Notices

What is your opinion of a "clean" boat?

Old 10-03-2014, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by yschmidt
Easy....not dirty
and that's the correct use of clean. tying that word to structure, operating systems is wrong.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
Its no different in the muscle car arena, # 1 car is hard to find, its a 95 -100 point judged car, which you really don't want to drive, #5 beater, #4 daily driver, and so on. You cant believe how many guys think they have a #1 or #2 car and in reality its a high 4 to a low 3 car. JMO

This is clean, not a 10 but pretty tidy
Those are VERY clean engines -

3pointstar
Old 10-03-2014, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
I consider clean to be 2 things.....

clean OEM boat that is very nice, not perfect.... is clean....

spotless boat like AMII when Jeremy sold it was as good as new showroom because there was expense spared...that's CLEAN.

I think mines clean but nowhere near perfect... never been restored at all, always been inside or full covered... its "clean" not MINT

I hate when people play dumb or hide things when selling and you make a trip for no reason, I deal with it all the time with Cobras I buy and sell, to me spotless is SPOTLESS no rust, others spotless is "well I don't see any" meaning they didn't open a door or look under the car.....

When you ask for certain pics and you do not get them, do not go see it....like asking for bulkhead pics on a 311 Formula, they are known for it so many boats are rotted and people don't say anything and waste time.if you know the normal issues on a boat and know what to ask or look for it isn't issue, like engines... a good set of bilge pics can tell a ton, rusty parts, hack wiring, oil all over RUN..

that's rust running down transom is NOT clean, maybe he meant he washed the boat as in CLEAN? lol
IMO you can tell 90% about a boat just looking at the bilge and outdrive -- If the bilge looks like a "cow gave birth" and the outdrive is beat to snot, prop dings, broken steg, I can almost guarantee that the rest of the boat stinks.

3pointstar
Old 10-03-2014, 10:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by 3pointstar
IMO you can tell 90% about a boat just looking at the bilge and outdrive -- If the bilge looks like a "cow gave birth" and the outdrive is beat to snot, prop dings, broken steg, I can almost guarantee that the rest of the boat stinks.

3pointstar
exactly!