Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Cigarette Mystique -  whose the expert >

Cigarette Mystique - whose the expert

Notices

Cigarette Mystique - whose the expert

Old 02-06-2015, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check with Jim Darr. He may have an extra slip at Super Cat Cove.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by dsparis
Check with Jim Darr. He may have an extra slip at Super Cat Cove.
There goes this thread.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had one for 4 yrs. It was a 2002 straight bottom with 496 hos. The boat ran 74-75 everyday with a best of 77 on GPS. I really like the boat a lot and probably shouldn't have sold it. But I did. I had the Crayola style one. It had bravo drives on it. It is a good size to trailer around. Not to big but not small. I weighed mine on a scale and it was 11200 with over half tank of fuel and some gear like bumpers, anchor, rope, ropes. It has great lines like the top gun. It was very solid and handled well. I normally ran the boat on the Delaware river down to upper chesepeke bay. I never felt like I ran out of boat. I really like the black motors for reliability and was a plus for me. I want to boat. If I had a choice 525 in this boat would be awesome.

Now the 2 issues I had with the boat was it had that porpoise problem. It is there and you will need to understand how to run the boat. For someone who can really run a boat it will be not much of a problem. It is worst at slower speeds than at higher speeds. The boat loves 60-65 cruise flat and true when trimmed right. A little fast for my power package I had. I cruised at 50-55 at lower 3400 rpm. I would not let the porpoise issue scare me away from this boat because you are getting a true quality, solid boat that to me cant be matched. It is a drivers boat needing attention to trim and tabs a lot. Like I said , don't let that part scare you because I really think the boat cant be matched.
The other is the bilge is tight in front of the motors as I seem to be getting bigger as I get older.

I sold mine and was thinking of going to a 38. Now I am not sure. So I look at all the 30 size boats and none have the interior of the cig. I don't like the inside dash of Baja, sunsation ,active thunder. The rounded dashes , throttle positions. I seem to really like the cig style. just my opinion. And the lines of the cig Is only matched by apache and maybe a few more. Im kind of old school and like straighter lines. I have had a 20 cig ,28 apache ,30 cig ,38 ocean yacht. boatless now. sold the cig nov 13. Hope this helps.
Old 02-07-2015, 11:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

+1 with allicat on the bilge space. If there was a little more room in the bilge, I probably would have kept mine. Mine had the 380 k planes, so the porpoise wasn't too bad on my boat.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Good stuff guys, thanks
Old 02-07-2015, 03:25 PM
Registered

The bilge was tight. Especially changing the water pump and the fuel filters. If the step for the fuel tank wasnt there that would help the bilge situation. I had 280 k tabs. And again I think this boat is great. the porpoise is manageable and when you pull up to the dock you are in a cig. That counts for sure. Go get one. I don't think you will be sorry.
Old 02-07-2015, 03:31 PM
Registered

Also if you can get a step hull for a good price. That would be the best way to go.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Allicat38
The bilge was tight. Especially changing the water pump and the fuel filters. If the step for the fuel tank wasnt there that would help the bilge situation. I had 280 k tabs. And again I think this boat is great. the porpoise is manageable and when you pull up to the dock you are in a cig. That counts for sure. Go get one. I don't think you will be sorry.
The 31 Bullet has a decent amount of bilge room. Maybe you can find one already restored.