New guy here - 35 Cafe Questions

Notices

New guy here - 35 Cafe Questions

Old 02-13-2015, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New guy here - 35 Cafe Questions

Hi All, just bought my first Cig, 1987 Cafe and have some questions:

- where can I get the replacement switchplates for the in/out switches for tabs and drives? Mine's cracked.

- the bolsters - what am i missing here. Looks easy, you just flip the seat up and bars go in place but the bars on mine seem impossible to get in place. Am I missing something?

- anywhere you can buy the factory cleats? This was a saltwater boat and despite polishing, they are pitted up. I've looked, haven't had much luck finding.

- I'm planning to keep the boat original - I love the old school look, black dash, etc. Curious if anyone has re-done their Stewart Warner gauges? I can get them new at Summit, didn't know if there was a difference? I can't imagine there is?

- Where can I have factory Cig decals made? My boat has the larger oval decal towards the stern and after looking closely, found it is applied directly over the top of the smaller, original logo. I'd like to remove both and replace with a fresh larger oval.

Sorry for all the questions, but hoping to get some advice from you seasoned Cig owners.

Thanks!
Old 02-13-2015, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a new Cafe Racer owner myself. Recently bought a Carbon 70 boat from an OSO member here.
You should try Lip-Ship Performance. www.lipship.com
They might have what your looking for.

Good luck with your Cigarette and have a great summer.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

Welcome!! I can't answer any of your 5 questions, but were glad to have you as a #1 owner
Old 02-13-2015, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ThirtyFiveCafe
- the bolsters - what am i missing here. Looks easy, you just flip the seat up and bars go in place but the bars on mine seem impossible to get in place. Am I missing something?
Mine also doesn't "click" into place on the driver's side. Haven't looked closely at it as I never had the urge to put it up though
Would love to see pics of yours (both gents)
Old 02-14-2015, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Most vinyl shops can cut you a decal for the stern. My vinyl guy has it on his file and can make you a set if you want just pm me. I wish there was a replacement cleat place. Most of the time you'll find people who have swapped cleats and have the originals hanging around their barn. As for the seat, not sure, there are bars on both sides that should clip In..
Old 02-14-2015, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Which boat did you buy??
Old 02-14-2015, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ThirtyFiveCafe
Hi All, just bought my first Cig, 1987 Cafe and have some questions:

- where can I get the replacement switchplates for the in/out switches for tabs and drives? Mine's cracked.

- anywhere you can buy the factory cleats? This was a saltwater boat and despite polishing, they are pitted up. I've looked, haven't had much luck finding.

- I'm planning to keep the boat original - I love the old school look, black dash, etc. Curious if anyone has re-done their Stewart Warner gauges? I can get them new at Summit, didn't know if there was a difference? I can't imagine there is?

- Where can I have factory Cig decals made? My boat has the larger oval decal towards the stern and after looking closely, found it is applied directly over the top of the smaller, original logo. I'd like to remove both and replace with a fresh larger oval.

Sorry for all the questions, but hoping to get some advice from you seasoned Cig owners.

Thanks!
Congrats and have fun with your boat!
Old 02-14-2015, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax
Which boat did you buy??
I bought a cafe out of CT. He's a member on here I think - great guy, awesome to work with. Was a hell of a road trip from Missouri

Old 02-14-2015, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For your question about not being able to latch the bolsters in the up position, When the seats were originally built they were made so that there would be constant pressure against the latch bar and channel to keep it from popping out. With age the vinyl and the foam in the seats get stiffer making it harder to get the seat bottom high enough to let the latch bar click into place. On my old Magnum I sometimes had to squat down and brace my elbow on my knee to get enough leverage to get the seat base up high enough to get it to latch.

Ben
Old 02-15-2015, 06:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

You can buy replacement "covers" for the trim and tab military rockers from Livorsi. White,red or black. kineticanimation.com makes the best decals. Cleats from Phil at lipship

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.