Tiger upgrades >

Tiger upgrades

Notices

Tiger upgrades

Old 08-07-2015, 06:12 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Well he is the guy to do it. I read on here and see so many guys getting jacked up by shops that are over promising and under delivering. Dave is 100% the opposite, very real with expectations and is just as happy as the owner when it exceeds it. Its a great business model. So many hidden details in a redo like this, when you think of money just upgrading from 1/2 inch to 5/8s inch fuel line that whipple says i need it over 500 dollars per engine for the good fittings and steel braided hose. Also the timeline for getting things done, you really need to have as many parts their in the beginning, or you can lose weeks waiting on shipping. We talked about it yesterday, to do something like this in march when a midatlantic marina is slow, you have to have everything ordered by nov, dec at the latest.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:50 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Well he is the guy to do it. I read on here and see so many guys getting jacked up by shops that are over promising and under delivering. Dave is 100% the opposite, very real with expectations and is just as happy as the owner when it exceeds it. Its a great business model. So many hidden details in a redo like this, when you think of money just upgrading from 1/2 inch to 5/8s inch fuel line that whipple says i need it over 500 dollars per engine for the good fittings and steel braided hose. Also the timeline for getting things done, you really need to have as many parts their in the beginning, or you can lose weeks waiting on shipping. We talked about it yesterday, to do something like this in march when a midatlantic marina is slow, you have to have everything ordered by nov, dec at the latest.
I think people forget it is like building a one off custome hot rod. There are never 2 a like. Lots of R&D. It's a labor of love for sure!
Old 08-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice to meet you yesterday, Rob.... The Tiger is badazz. Hope you got everything set and get on the water next weekend.....
Old 08-10-2015, 04:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sleev-les
Nice to meet you yesterday, Rob.... The Tiger is badazz. Hope you got everything set and get on the water next weekend.....
same here Scott, Surveyor is there now.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

What's up?
Old 08-27-2015, 07:22 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Insurance just got bound yesterday after survey, im hoping to get out this weekend, but so busy at work . i still have to put the fenders and wheels back on the trailer but am at work from 7 am till 9 pm
Old 08-27-2015, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Did you do something with agreed value or market value?

If you want to get your boat appraised and insured on agreed value (above market value if even possible), who do you use, a surveyor or an insurance agent (or an independent appraiser?) to get the $$ value.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:02 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I had it insured based upon the old appraised value of 127k, with the upgrades it came in at appraised value of 130k market value and that's what i did it at. The insurance company wanted it, but I also wanted it to have it in writing the actual upgrades and noted the actual parts with serial numbers and such. Use a sams surveyor as they take pics and have the survey in a way that the insurance company likes to see including pics.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Awesome info, thanks. I have mine insured at a certain amount, which I think was fair by just requesting the amount and sending in a few pictures myself, BUT, I would feel much more comfortable if I could increase that value 30% minimum.

I know it will never be insured for the amount I have into it, or even the addition of parts, but getting that number as high as you can makes me a little more comfortable.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:21 AM
mmb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My insurance made me get a survey and the surveyor said my boat was worth about 40K more than we paid for it. The higher number was also the number the insurance agreed on. I might have kept telling the surveyor what I thought it should be worth also lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.