Notices

Cafe Resto

Old 01-03-2016, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know what you are going through. I am into a Café rebuild although I did not have any rot to fix I am doing a full repaint, upgrading motors, power coating and repainting all hardware parts, refinish complete cockpit, it seems overwhelming at times being a one man operation that has a full time and part time job. hang in there in the end you will have something to be proud of.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by jsand117
I know what you are going through. I am into a Café rebuild although I did not have any rot to fix I am doing a full repaint, upgrading motors, power coating and repainting all hardware parts, refinish complete cockpit, it seems overwhelming at times being a one man operation that has a full time and part time job. hang in there in the end you will have something to be proud of.
jim!! how is your rebuild going!! any progress pics???
Old 01-03-2016, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Post pics to help keep me motivated & to give me ideas.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Does anyone know the correct length for Cafe (or other 35's) throttle & shift cables for TRS? My shift cables are both 22', which doesn't make sense, & the throttles were 24/20 p/s. I did some searching on here & found a 38TG were both 24/22, while a 31Bullet was 22/18 for both. I asked Lipship & he said they no longer have that info avail for Cafe's, but agreed they should be different lengths. He said either one was too long, or one was originally too short & may have been too tight. Because the other models were matching, I would assume mine should too. Was hoping someone recently replaced theirs & knows for sure. If not, i guess i will have to run a line & try to get my own length estimate.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:05 PM
Registered

Default Cafe Restoration

The restoration is going but never seems to be fast enough, it takes a long time to get around these boats. All cracks, scoffs, dock rash, unwanted holes have been repaired, glassed, all original stripes removed and it has a lot of primer on it now. swim platform and a few other parts are at powder coating right now, cockpit interior is getting redone along with sun pad, motors from my old boat are on engine stands awaiting upgrades, I wanted to job out the motors to Marine Kinetics for new cams and top ends but he is booked up for 2016, guess I will have to get the parts and do them myself which is going to bite into more time from me getting paint on the hull. I will post a series of pictures as soon as I can start putting something back together. This is a lot of work and I am a one man band that works 2 jobs. Thanks for asking Phil. I will post pictures when I get something completed. right now I am out of control fighting this battle on 8 fronts.

Last edited by jsand117; 01-10-2016 at 09:13 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:19 PM
Registered

I wish I could find out the correct cable length throttle and shift for a Café bravo boat, it would be nice to pull the new cables through the boat as I was pulling the old cables out
Old 01-10-2016, 09:46 PM
Airking
VIP Member

[QUOTE=jsand117;4392554]I wish I could find out the correct cable length throttle and shift for a Café bravo boat, it would be nice to pull the new cables through the boat as I was pulling the old cables out[/QUOTE

You might ask someone at http://lipship.com/
Old 01-10-2016, 10:40 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I wish I could find out the correct cable length throttle and shift for a Café bravo boat, it would be nice to pull the new cables through the boat as I was pulling the old cables out
The length should be written on the cables in inches.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:22 PM
Registered

I tried lip ship but the person I talked to said he did not know on such an old boat?
Old 01-11-2016, 03:26 PM
Registered

Thanks Griff I will check the cables to see if there are any markings on them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.