How to find first owner of a Cigarette >

How to find first owner of a Cigarette

Notices

How to find first owner of a Cigarette

Old 05-22-2015, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default How to find first owner of a Cigarette

Is there any way to find out to which country a specific boat was sold in the first place? I am looking to purchase a Cigarette Revolution that was aledgely sold new to Ibiza Spain. I seem to remember that someone found a lot of records in the old Cigarette plant when they moved to their current location. Because of the stupid CE rules it is important if a boat was actually in Europe before 1998 or not. if it was in the EU before 1998 no problem but it is not possible to buy a similar boat outside EU and bring it in because of CE rules.

What I need to find is some kind of documentation that the boat was inside the EU before 1998.

If anyone can help it will be much apreciated. I had contact with Craig Barrie many years ago but I lost contact details for him. I also do not know if he has any records from back in the day.

Best regards

Jesper
Old 05-22-2015, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

In know from talking to Scott Smith that all the old records were thrown out when Cigarette moved to the new Factory. It is almost impossible to get ahold of anyone there unless you are buying a new boat but if you can get ahold of Bud Lorow he would be the best shot at getting any information.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 2,832 Likes on 951 Posts

I think you're SOL.

You're referring to Steve (old owner of OSO) and I believe Bill (Dollabill) that went to the factory after they moved out and found all of the old records, and a crap load of cool memorabilia. But none of those records were saved I'm almost certain.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:20 PM
Registered

Tank,

You know who I am, I am the Danish guy that took a picture of your bald head sitting in a Cigarette at a pokerrun in 2001(I think it was) I was on OSO a lot back then but have been away from here for a long time. Who is SOL? Did I miss something?

Originally Posted by thisistank
I think you're SOL.

You're referring to Steve (old owner of OSO) and I believe Bill (Dollabill) that went to the factory after they moved out and found all of the old records, and a crap load of cool memorabilia. But none of those records were saved I'm almost certain.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:31 PM
Registered

Thanks for your replys and trying to help! I know they are difficult at the factory, which is a damm shame.

We have actually traced the different owners back to the first, but none of them have saved any documents placing the boat in Europe before 1998. First owner confirms buying the boat new and brintningen it ro Ibiza, but his word does not count.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cigaretteman
Tank,

You know who I am, I am the Danish guy that took a picture of your bald head sitting in a Cigarette at a pokerrun in 2001(I think it was) I was on OSO a lot back then but have been away from here for a long time. Who is SOL? Did I miss something?
Ha! You're talking about the **** of me sitting at the helm of strength and honor in steamboat cove during the cigarette raft up during desert storm! That was a long time agin my friend.

SOL is "sh*t out of luck".

I remember you bro. Hope all is well!
Old 05-22-2015, 07:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 616 Likes on 180 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]541363[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]541364[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]541365[/ATTACH]

Tank when you were in Strength and Honor it was around 2006/2007
Attached Thumbnails How to find first owner of a Cigarette-dsc03255.jpg   How to find first owner of a Cigarette-dsc03254.jpg   How to find first owner of a Cigarette-dsc03253.jpg  

Old 05-22-2015, 10:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by H20 Toie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]541363[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]541364[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]541365[/ATTACH]

Tank when you were in Strength and Honor it was around 2006/2007
Yes, his dates are off I'm guessing. That's them!

I was gonna fire that focker up and run it lol. Neil was having problems with the fuel cells because they were carbon and leaking particals into the fuel filters. It was built crazy light to run the speed record...and would've beat it if they'd pad the bottom but skip was done spending money. JT said it had a lot more than 170 in it but was running LOOSE!!

Where you at tonight dan? Carne asada tacos at the house.

Last edited by thisistank; 05-22-2015 at 10:17 PM.