Notices

SCXs on the T/S

Old 06-10-2015, 04:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 597 Likes on 275 Posts
Default SCXs on the T/S

How many of you guys are there?
We took out the spacer this winter and now I am having a hard time keeping water pressure.
On Stellings boxes.

If I turn to the opposite side that lost pressure it comes back. Meaning if starboard goes low I crank to Port and it picks up.
You would think it would be opposite. Thinking about grinding out intake hole some.

Ideas??
Old 06-10-2015, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im no expert, but my buddy has the same problem. Talked to a few people and they said to radius the back of the transom edge so the water shoots up at the drive. The same guy showed a picture of a ramp 1/2 wide and 1.5 long on the centerline of the drive on the transom and bottom edge. This was tyson Garvin who is pretty up on rigging. My buddy is having low water on his cat since he put 2 inch shorties on. He added a spacer but the speedmaster has different pickups. If this helps ?? he is going back to standard height or spending 800 each on spacers.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put adjustable transom pickups on it and be done with it. Had to do it with my ol on boxes.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

^^^ That is this winters project if all else fails.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I had the same issue with my '01 TG T/S. However, I was running XR's w/ -2" shorties. I put a 1" spacer in it and the problem was solved. External pickups would have solved the issue as well. When you get your drives that high 1/8" can equate to several lbs of water pressure.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Quinlan
We took out the spacer this winter and now I am having a hard time keeping water pressure.
On Stellings boxes.

If I turn to the opposite side that lost pressure it comes back. Meaning if starboard goes low I crank to Port and it picks up.
You would think it would be opposite. Thinking about grinding out intake hole some.

Ideas??
Is your performance better w raising the drive?
Old 06-11-2015, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On Stellings boxes.

Ideas??
Quinlan,

I would call Eddie Young as he has experience with making the hole on SCX's bigger for water pressure. He did it on SCX's on a 42 Fountain that had a very high x-demension. Good luck!
Old 06-11-2015, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

We've put them on 3 Top Guns out here and never had any issues with water pressure. But all three boats were ITS not stand off boxes, I know the measurements and position of the drives aren't the same. If anything else you can just call IMCO and talk to Fred Jr. and ask him about it. He's cool to talk to and always willing to help.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

[ATTACH=CONFIG]542033[/ATTACH]

I called Imco- They said get out the grinder. So will let you know how it turns out.

Also I noticed when I was tied up to Rogers ITS T/S My drives were at least 2 inches higher in the water it seemed.

And they sure are Peeerrrrddy !!!
Attached Thumbnails SCXs on the T/S-img_3247.jpg  

Last edited by Quinlan; 06-11-2015 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Registered

[ATTACH=CONFIG]542033[/ATTACH]

I called Imco- They said get out the grinder. So will let you know how it turns out.

Also I noticed when I was tied up to Rogers ITS T/S My drives were at least 2 inches higher in the water it seemed.

And they sure are Peeerrrrddy !!!
do some before and after pix

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.