Need help selling or pricing >

Need help selling or pricing

Notices

Need help selling or pricing

Old 10-16-2015, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help selling or pricing

I selling my 1981 33' limited (http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...=63001&cid=180) here on the site, but I have gotten no real interest just kids that think their dad should buy it. Worst than Craigslist. Am I off my rocker with what I am asking? IF so what is a better price? Also what should I address to get a better number. I can make an investment in the boat if it would have a return. I tried to be very fair and opening with how I listed the boat. I sure the first person to look at the boat in person will buy it. Any help would be appreciated. I going to put on the Gbay site soon if we don't get any movement.

Thanks in advance
Brandon
Old 10-16-2015, 04:28 PM
Registered

Drop the leading one off the price then divide by two to get realistic on the price. Sorry, but that thing needs a ton of work.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...er-o63001.html
Old 10-16-2015, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

About the most honest add I've seen, to be honest back, ask 8k for it
Old 10-16-2015, 06:44 PM
Registered

Thanks for the openness, but I don't need to sell it. Four grand is a joke. I wouldn't sell it for the eight, but thanks for your info. I may like it better than anyone and that ok. I want to sell it but by no means need to sell. If the transom was replaced and the transmission were rebuilt what would it be worth? I seen the fully restored boats go through the roof, but not sure what mine would be worth with with rebuild transom and transmissions.

Thanks

Last edited by 81Cigarette33; 10-16-2015 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:07 PM
Registered

Default followup

Originally Posted by 81Cigarette33
Thanks for the openness, but I don't need to sell it. Four grand is a joke. I wouldn't sell it for the eight, but thanks for your info. I may like it better than anyone and that ok. I want to sell it but by no means need to sell. If the transom was replaced and the transmission were rebuilt what would it be worth? I seen the fully restored boats go through the roof, but not sure what mine would be worth with with rebuild transom and transmissions.

Also what do you think the boat would be worth with out power trans, drives?

Thanks
Old 10-16-2015, 10:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

The boat needs so much work you would be LUCKY to get 6-8000, every single part of the boat needs redone that's gonna be 15-30,000 for someone doing it themselves.... things add up way faster then people realize.... if that was a runnin g driving TURN KEY boat in that shape maybe 12-13,000.... look around anything needing work is cheap, everything restored is going cheap or way too high and not selling, sucks but it's reality, with new engines I did I have approx. 55-60,000 invested overall in my Mistress, top to bottom and to me it's a very nice boat with VERY nice engines, if I listed it for 30,000 it would be on the market forever I think, realistic maybe 25-28,000.00 boat...

May not want to hear that but it's reality...
Old 10-16-2015, 10:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by 81Cigarette33
2-3000 tops if that
Old 10-17-2015, 10:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

You will need to pay someone to take it away without motors and drives - pains me to say that about a CIG.

I remember several years ago Harvey was selling a really well sorted mistress on a nice trailer for low 20's.

If you ask for honest feedback on this site you will unfortunately receive it, don't be defensive - you might find a buyer who doesn't understand the costs to restore or the value once restored. If you don't need to sell I'd consider yourself lucky in this market