looking to buy Top Gun >

looking to buy Top Gun

Notices

looking to buy Top Gun

Old 02-15-2016, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 434 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by nhra3584sst
thanks for all the input.I agree the steps alone probably don't add to all the speed difference.drive height,cabin setup and weight all come into play.I bet there isn't even 5mph difference just from the steps.now I got to make a decision if I want to go older with speedmasters or newer with bravos.
If you read that article that was posted (the link), Peters says that he made inserts for the Cig molds, and gained 7-8mph. Like for like, he said it was the best comparison before and after because the boat was basically the same, plus steps.

They then (Cig & Peters) went on to redesign a dedicated mold and boat setup, which may account for a 7-10 mph increase (rigging, x-dim, layout, cabin, etc.). That's what I took away from it. It was a really good article, read it.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 39 Unlimited
Bino your boat looks awesome! Love your color combination
Thanks Gary, it was Cig's brochure boat in 04 and Toad painted it. I don't think Cig let them paint too many for them.. I would like to know how many.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frickstyle
If you read that article that was posted (the link), Peters says that he made inserts for the Cig molds, and gained 7-8mph. Like for like, he said it was the best comparison before and after because the boat was basically the same, plus steps.

They then (Cig & Peters) went on to redesign a dedicated mold and boat setup, which may account for a 7-10 mph increase (rigging, x-dim, layout, cabin, etc.). That's what I took away from it. It was a really good article, read it.
Peter also mentions a new tunnel step bottom that he has designed and patented. Where after the second step there are two long strakes that bite the water in a turn. I was at the boat Miami boat show and spoke with one CC manufacturer that uses this new hull. Then I was at another manufacture that has there own Patent of a similar design to create more lift and grab in a high speed turn and believe me it works I was on It.
This is the next progression in hull design at 75 you can just wip the boat left or right and it just bites and turns in quick.
Cig will probably use Peters new hull design soon just to say they have the latest and greatest hull, how many times can you paint a boat side AMG.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 434 Likes on 194 Posts

That tunnel design is very interesting. Cool stuff, wonder why we haven;t seen that from a major manufacturer? If I remember, it is used by a European builder? Pretty wild, it's like a reverse pad on a stepped bottom design., neat!
Old 02-15-2016, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the boat with Peters design
http://invincibleboats.com/models-39.php
http://invincibleboats.com/models-42wa.php