Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Cigarette (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette-32/)
-   -   where are all the 46's and how many for sale? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette/334779-where-all-46s-how-many-sale.html)

frickstyle 03-13-2016 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 4414901)
Cabin! Trade more efficiency of a new hull for a way more user friendly cabin of the old hull. A 90's top gun / cafe cabin in a 46?! Damn, freakin small condo!

Yes,kind of like the 47' Lightnings, except it would be larger. Those 47s have about the best of everything, and they are pretty fast.

thisistank 03-13-2016 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by frickstyle (Post 4415149)
Yes,kind of like the 47' Lightnings, except it would be larger. Those 47s have about the best of everything, and they are pretty fast.

Not to get into fountain bashing but....to narrow. They are pretty plush down there but to narrow. And it's a 42' boat ;)

SS930 03-14-2016 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 4414901)
Cabin! Trade more efficiency of a new hull for a way more user friendly cabin of the old hull. A 90's top gun / cafe cabin in a 46?! Damn, freakin small condo!

The cabin in my 46 is huge, but it does not have an enclosed head and the first 6' or so is unfinished, which is great for storage. The bed is large enough to sleep in either direction. I'm not sure I'd change it much if I could.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...930/Selfie.jpg

frickstyle 03-14-2016 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 4415162)
Not to get into fountain bashing but....to narrow. They are pretty plush down there but to narrow. And it's a 42' boat ;)

Yes Tank, I agree, should have clarified the Cig would be larger.

Great pic SS, cabin looks plenty big......

thisistank 03-14-2016 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 4415465)
The cabin in my 46 is huge, but it does not have an enclosed head and the first 6' or so is unfinished, which is great for storage. The bed is large enough to sleep in either direction. I'm not sure I'd change it much if I could.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...930/Selfie.jpg

That is a great picture. It reminds me of an updated version of the girl leaning over the engine hatch of a cafe with the young man at the helm looking back. Great ad!

I was referring to the first (2 46's built I believe) had full cabins. Bed at the bow, lounge area, two chairs with a table on the port side, huge cooler (I always say could smuggle a body in), small sink, storage closet and enclosed head with pump out toilet. Same cabin that was in the cafe and guns (and kinda bullets) of the 90's. In my opinion the best, most user friendly cabin on a performance boat, ever. Can't tell you how many times I sat at the table with facing chairs and made cocktails out of the sun, chilled and talked to my wife or dad or someone else important. It ls a very intiment setting that is extremely comfortable and well laid out. Perfect cabin!!

offshoredrillin 03-14-2016 01:35 PM

Thats the cabin that was in the one that got redone, originally had the torque v 12s in it

302Sport 03-14-2016 02:24 PM

Wait, so are there any twin step 46's with the old style full cabin?? Or any twin step 38 or 42's with the full cabin??

SS930 03-14-2016 03:34 PM

If by "old style" you mean with table and enclosed head, I don't think they did any (that I'm aware of anyway) with the three step 46's. But if you mean full length cabin, the cabin in mine runs almost the full length of the bow, stopping about 5'-6' from the tip of the bow. It's longer than any 38 or 42 TS cabin I've ever seen, and longer than an of the old style TG cabins as well... but again it doesn't have the table or enclosed head. You could easily sleep five or six 6' adults in my cabin, although I wouldn't want to be crawling over them in the middle of the night, lol!

All the 38 and 42 TS boats I've ever seen have had the much smaller cover girl style 1/2 or 3/4 cabin.

302Sport 03-14-2016 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 4415669)
If by "old style" you mean with table and enclosed head, I don't think they did any (that I'm aware of anyway) with the three step 46's. But if you mean full length cabin, the cabin in mine runs almost the full length of the bow, stopping about 5'-6' from the tip of the bow. It's longer than any 38 or 42 TS cabin I've ever seen, and longer than an of the old style TG cabins as well... but again it doesn't have the table or enclosed head. You could easily sleep five or six 6' adults in my cabin, although I wouldn't want to be crawling over them in the middle of the night, lol!

All the 38 and 42 TS boats I've ever seen have had the much smaller cover girl style 1/2 or 3/4 cabin.

Yeah, I meant full, as in table, enclosed head, etc.... I actually think they did a couple twin step 38's like that, but I don't know for sure.

offshoredrillin 03-14-2016 04:17 PM

6 Attachment(s)
This boat now looks like this, and it has the "full" cabin with the seats facing each other at a table, like the old "full cabin" TG, after that is a Cover girl which is just couches, and an extended cover girl which has a bed in the bow.