Notices

Top Gun

Old 08-21-2016, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
"Cover Girl" cabin means it's only 1/2 finished, the the forward half of the cabin is usually partitioned off at the bulkhead, and is raw finish "storage".
It's primary reasoning is to balance the step bottom boats better.
And the reason why the straight bottom gun with a cover girl cabin will porpoise. It's lighter but the CG gets messed up.

Oh, and I think anyone that's owned of had a lot of seat time on both a twin step and a straight gun (or 42 or 46 cig) wIll tell you the stepped boats runs smoother, handles big water just as good and runs flatter in calm water. Simply a more efficient hull all around. Nothing against the bad azznes of a straight hull though!

Last edited by thisistank; 08-21-2016 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, if I want a full cabin, sounds like I should be looking at another brand?is there at least a port a potty in a cover girl?, do the seat backs of the couch cover the little hallway to make a bed?
(I gotta get my ass down to look at junkyard bill's), lol
Old 08-22-2016, 07:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 593 Likes on 273 Posts

Nobody buys a Cig for the cabin. If that is what you need - time to look elsewhere. Baja, Donzi, BT.
The only good thing about a cabin in the Cig is that all your Chit will be on the floor when you get to the next stop. Makes it easier to dig through Or so the wife can change into her Itty Bitty polka dot Bikini.
And somewhere to keep the extra cooler.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by zx14
So, if I want a full cabin, sounds like I should be looking at another brand?is there at least a port a potty in a cover girl?, do the seat backs of the couch cover the little hallway to make a bed?
(I gotta get my ass down to look at junkyard bill's), lol
Extended cover girl cabin has a bed in the front. All have porta potty I believe. Older straight bottoms have a full cabin and full walk in head.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Quinlan
Nobody buys a Cig for the cabin. If that is what you need - time to look elsewhere. Baja, Donzi, BT.
The only good thing about a cabin in the Cig is that all your Chit will be on the floor when you get to the next stop. Makes it easier to dig through Or so the wife can change into her Itty Bitty polka dot Bikini.
And somewhere to keep the extra cooler.
And I don't want a cig for the cabin, however, the sales pitch to the wifey is the cabin, it's hard to convince her that when the going gets ruff, it seems that the cig is going to keep all its parts attached,,,lol.
Old 08-22-2016, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

There's no bed in front of the zippered cig emblem at the front of a cover girl. Like said the extended cover girl has a bed up there. There's usually a Portapotty (not vacu flushed) under the cushion up front in the middle.

If you're looking for a good cabin the TS gun ain't it I'm afraid to say.
I like a good cabin too and have said forever that the straight gun and cafes of the 90's have the best useable cabin in a performance boat ever in my humble opinion.

Pretty sure bills TS gun is a cover girl cabin not extended.

A very happy medium between a Donzi and black thunder that kinda lose that low profile performance look due to a lot of head room and creature comforts in the cabin and a TS gun that don't have much cabin at all is an active thunder. Nice cabins, stepped hull and a very creature comfort esq cabin. bajas have a nice cabin but they're not stepped and if that's an option you should looks at a 90's gun or cafe.

The 38 scarab ha a nice cabin as well - fridge, enclosed head, bed, couch etc.

Last edited by thisistank; 08-22-2016 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:48 PM
Registered

Location: Solomons Island, MD, Vero Beach and Punta Gorda, FL
Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

T/S Tiger with cover girl cabin. Phil turned me on to how to please the ladies with all the amenities. Pic are front V section with the zipper cover removed and hard door installed. Exact equal weight of items removed and items installed.
http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/El...ml?sort=3&o=15
http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/El...ml?sort=3&o=15

Ed

Last edited by fandango; 08-22-2016 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:12 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

I love having a full cabin. Most trips out, i dont come home for days, and i'd rather spend the nights anchored out under the stars than in a hotel room. Of course i also wouldnt mind having steps and going 10-12 mph faster
Old 08-23-2016, 06:21 AM
Registered

Now that's a sweet setup
Old 08-23-2016, 06:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
There's no bed in front of the zippered cig emblem at the front of a cover girl. Like said the extended cover girl has a bed up there. There's usually a Portapotty (not vacu flushed) under the cushion up front in the middle.

If you're looking for a good cabin the TS gun ain't it I'm afraid to say.
I like a good cabin too and have said forever that the straight gun and cafes of the 90's have the best useable cabin in a performance boat ever in my humble opinion.

Pretty sure bills TS gun is a cover girl cabin not extended.

A very happy medium between a Donzi and black thunder that kinda lose that low profile performance look due to a lot of head room and creature comforts in the cabin and a TS gun that don't have much cabin at all is an active thunder. Nice cabins, stepped hull and a very creature comfort esq cabin. bajas have a nice cabin but they're not stepped and if that's an option you should looks at a 90's gun or cafe.

The 38 scarab ha a nice cabin as well - fridge, enclosed head, bed, couch etc.
Crawled all over Bills yesterday, first time to even touch a TG. And of course there where 2 others right beside it., all I can say is WOW. them damn things are ocean liners compaired to my ittsy bittsy 26 Daytona. I unzipped the bulkhead cover to look up under the bow, like looking into the belly of a whale, you could have 3 family's living in there and never know,,,,,lol!

Tank , any AT years to stay away from? Active Thunder looks like a good choice, very simaler to A TG..

Last edited by zx14; 08-23-2016 at 06:32 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.