Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Selling My Cigarette Cafe.   NEED HELP!! >

Selling My Cigarette Cafe. NEED HELP!!

Notices

Selling My Cigarette Cafe. NEED HELP!!

Old 03-23-2017, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

I agree to push it up higher chain of command. Also, when I tried to sell my café many many people asked for it, seemed to me it was a last ditch attempt to back out if they couldn't get financing for it with out saying they couldn't get approved... just a FWIW
Old 03-23-2017, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I contacted my local mechanic that has worked on the boat and he has been in the motors as well. He is going to stamp the motors and we will see how this goes.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:23 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

yep went through this with the sale of my Baja. the would not do the deal till it was given to them. showed up with the boat and they asked how the hell I got numbers off of it? I just smiled
Old 03-23-2017, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts

Mine was the same way. They just want to identify the engines and make sure it's not removable.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have lost some tools from my truck before. As well has a co-workers company can broken into. Without identification and pictures it is hard to get properly reimbursed for anything stolen and recovered. I stamp or engrave all of my tools and have pictures of everything. Just lay a bunch of them on the floor and take a picture. At least this ways it's documented. I figured I would do it to my boat motor I built as well since it wasn't a mercury block originally. A stamping set is cheap and I would rather be safe then sorry. This way if it gets stolen I can prove the motor was mine.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Have the engine builder vibra peen a unique 7 digit number (6numbers 1letter) into the block pad where GM would have. Take a photo of each and send to CU. This is legit and documentable for a custom built engine.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:40 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Sterling motors are only 3 digit serial numbers, FWIW. I guess SOME type of identification is better than nothing original.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

I remember going through the same thing when I financed with my CU. I am guessing I made something up and moved on with my life.

You really have to question whether they should be lending money on something they have such little understanding of, but I understand the red tape side of it. Go to Haorbor Freight, but a set of punches and make yourself a serial number to pasify them
Old 03-23-2017, 09:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

In Ohio I had to title each engine with literally a title and that was a cash deal, says 300hp, and a serial number, I think they gave me a number for title because the boat did not have engines when I got it, there has to be a way to do something like that.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The credit union signed off on the serial numbers me and my mechanic put on the blocks. Closing on the deal tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.