Closed cooling system

Notices

Closed cooling system

Old 04-09-2017, 07:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 67 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Closed cooling system

Is anyone running a closed loop cooling system on a larger HP engine? I've been thinking about doing my do diligence and installing a set; it looks like kits from reputable sources are mostly hovering around the 500-650hp range... OR, I welcome a comforting conversation about how great flushing/saltaway works on an all aluminum top end w/out brass inserts lol...
Old 04-10-2017, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Give Marc at BAM a call. He did a lot of work with HP Closed Cooling on his stuff back in the day.

http://www.go-fast.com/fwc_sc900.htm
Old 04-10-2017, 07:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by CIG3
Give Marc at BAM a call. He did a lot of work with HP Closed Cooling on his stuff back in the day.

http://www.go-fast.com/fwc_sc900.htm
Thanks, will do Andrew. I got your PM and email. Very much appreciated.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Even though I'm a salt water cheerleader who doesn't believe that it instantly turns metal into pixie dust, I was shocked at the amount of corrosion that shows up in the thermostat housing in just a few hours of use (and I don't have stats and flush with salt away after every run and the boat stays on the lift at all times).
Old 04-10-2017, 05:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Even though I'm a salt water cheerleader who doesn't believe that it instantly turns metal into pixie dust, I was shocked at the amount of corrosion that shows up in the thermostat housing in just a few hours of use (and I don't have stats and flush with salt away after every run and the boat stays on the lift at all times).
I hear that and its exactly why I'm paranoyed... I'd like to think it doesnt waist into nothingness in hours but some of the "stories" out there are a little troubling...
Old 04-10-2017, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 832 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhythm and Blues
Is anyone running a closed loop cooling system on a larger HP engine? I've been thinking about doing my do diligence and installing a set; it looks like kits from reputable sources are mostly hovering around the 500-650hp range... OR, I welcome a comforting conversation about how great flushing/saltaway works on an all aluminum top end w/out brass inserts lol...
If you can get a hold of Dustin w/Whipple he may be able to help as well. I know their stage 3 and up 600sci and 700sci upgrades are near or above 1000hp and I think that's where they started running into issues with the Merc closed cooling.