Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Looking for a Gladiator! >

Looking for a Gladiator!

Like Tree31Likes

Looking for a Gladiator!

Old 05-31-2017, 01:52 PM
  #1  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lake George, NY and Stamford, CT
Posts: 119
Default Looking for a Gladiator!

Hi All, we're looking for a gladiator for the next boat, preferably a staggered 525 boat! Please let me know if you have any leads on any listed or soon to be available boats!

Thanks,
Derek
jtr2kwl is offline  
Old 05-31-2017, 06:26 PM
  #2  
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: San Antonio, TX.
Posts: 589
Default

So were we! Even when I see one now I am like DAMN! We looked on and off for a year for one. Kick myself for not buying the Team Virgin Boat still. Made a few plays on a few but hard to come by. Usually word of mouth. There are a few that might be for sale soon but ZUL's and others. Not a lot of factory 525 stags laying around from what I know. The one that is in FL that's been for sale forever and a moon I have heard a few stories about....mostly the "usual gladiator" stories but the price is pretty crazy IMO. Good luck!!!!
HOSSMAN is offline  
Old 05-31-2017, 07:07 PM
  #3  
Forum Regulator
VIP Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Sydwayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Worldwide
Posts: 22,719
Default

Which one is for sale in Florida?
Sydwayz is offline  
Old 05-31-2017, 07:41 PM
  #4  
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Lake George, NY
Posts: 1,242
Default

Originally Posted by jtr2kwl View Post
Hi All, we're looking for a gladiator for the next boat, preferably a staggered 525 boat! Please let me know if you have any leads on any listed or soon to be available boats!

Thanks,
Derek
I think i saw you trailering last week on the Northway
class6 is offline  
Old 05-31-2017, 07:50 PM
  #5  
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
Posts: 11,639
Default

Originally Posted by HOSSMAN View Post
So were we! Even when I see one now I am like DAMN! We looked on and off for a year for one. Kick myself for not buying the Team Virgin Boat still. Made a few plays on a few but hard to come by. Usually word of mouth. There are a few that might be for sale soon but ZUL's and others. Not a lot of factory 525 stags laying around from what I know. The one that is in FL that's been for sale forever and a moon I have heard a few stories about....mostly the "usual gladiator" stories but the price is pretty crazy IMO. Good luck!!!!
I would not balk at a Zul Gladiator! Zul builds a bullet proof motor that rivals a stock 525 all day long for reliability rom what I've seen AND offers more HP. Plus I think all Zul glads are built by Phil. Not to mention if you have the means, Zul may even drag his happy butt out of his siesta and refresh his motors
thisistank is offline  
Old 05-31-2017, 07:58 PM
  #6  
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
BONDO10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Onset,MA
Posts: 845
Default

Where is the Super Bad Gladiator?
BONDO10 is offline  
Old 05-31-2017, 08:58 PM
  #7  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lake George, NY and Stamford, CT
Posts: 119
Default

Originally Posted by HOSSMAN View Post
So were we! Even when I see one now I am like DAMN! We looked on and off for a year for one. Kick myself for not buying the Team Virgin Boat still. Made a few plays on a few but hard to come by. Usually word of mouth. There are a few that might be for sale soon but ZUL's and others. Not a lot of factory 525 stags laying around from what I know. The one that is in FL that's been for sale forever and a moon I have heard a few stories about....mostly the "usual gladiator" stories but the price is pretty crazy IMO. Good luck!!!!
Thank you! We're just starting the process of looking now, nothing is imminent, but just want to get a feel for whats out there. We've considered the florida boat, and agree, given its history its a little pricey.
jtr2kwl is offline  
Old 05-31-2017, 09:00 PM
  #8  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lake George, NY and Stamford, CT
Posts: 119
Default

Originally Posted by class6 View Post
I think i saw you trailering last week on the Northway
With the 20? On Friday I picked it up in Scotia from a little bit of work and took it up to the lake! The weather was certainly against me....
jtr2kwl is offline  
Old 05-31-2017, 09:01 PM
  #9  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lake George, NY and Stamford, CT
Posts: 119
Default

Originally Posted by thisistank View Post
I would not balk at a Zul Gladiator! Zul builds a bullet proof motor that rivals a stock 525 all day long for reliability rom what I've seen AND offers more HP. Plus I think all Zul glads are built by Phil. Not to mention if you have the means, Zul may even drag his happy butt out of his siesta and refresh his motors
Thanks Tank, not balking by at Zul Glads by any means, we just have some ideas! That said, just trying to get a feel for whats out there and do a little due diligence.
jtr2kwl is offline  
Old 05-31-2017, 09:06 PM
  #10  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Lucky Strike Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lighthouse Point, Florida
Posts: 1,741
Default

There's a 2003 w/ Stag 525's for sale in NY. It has a padded engine hatch with no scoops. There aren't many for sale right now. A few got snatched up this past year.
Lucky Strike Jr is offline  

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser