Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
GLADIATOR  How much room? >

GLADIATOR How much room?

Notices

GLADIATOR How much room?

Old 09-29-2017, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is not an issue at all. You can always move them back to make it suit your comfort. It's done all the time on sit down boats. If you have the GTS, it's a no brainer to go with Glad and keep it in the family.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

The seat can be moved back and you can recess the floor where your feet would rest, several inches more.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I move the footrest about 4 inches and also shortened the steeringhub almost 2 inch.
And i am as long as you are

And i LOVE my Glad!
Old 10-02-2017, 04:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Let me preface this by saying I have always loved Cigarettes (Gladiators and Maximus in particular) and at some point may get one.
That said, here is the ZrComp side of things. The footwell is very deep with adjustable footrests. I have run with my friend Adam who is 6'6 350 lbs and he was perfectly comfortable. I usually run with my friend Pete (5' 9") or my wife (5' 5") up front and they too are perfectly comfortable with the footrest moved up. I am a big guy 350 lbs and the seats are snug but form fitting. The back seats are just as comfortable as the front seats and (I'll probably get blasted for this) far more comfortable then the Gladiator bench. The cockpit is bigger than the biggest Glad. cockpit and the boat overall is almost 2' longer with taller hull sides. The canopies are love or hate preference for most people when it comes to their looks, but they are amazing at blocking the wind for both the front and rear passengers. I have an intercom system that I never use because I can talk to my co-pilot at any speed. There is a little lip spoiler between that canopies that helps deflect the wind from the center seat in the rear.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Let me preface this by saying I have always loved Cigarettes (Gladiators and Maximus in particular) and at some point may get one.
That said, here is the ZrComp side of things. The footwell is very deep with adjustable footrests. I have run with my friend Adam who is 6'6 350 lbs and he was perfectly comfortable. I usually run with my friend Pete (5' 9") or my wife (5' 5") up front and they too are perfectly comfortable with the footrest moved up. I am a big guy 350 lbs and the seats are snug but form fitting. The back seats are just as comfortable as the front seats and (I'll probably get blasted for this) far more comfortable then the Gladiator bench. The cockpit is bigger than the biggest Glad. cockpit and the boat overall is almost 2' longer with taller hull sides. The canopies are love or hate preference for most people when it comes to their looks, but they are amazing at blocking the wind for both the front and rear passengers. I have an intercom system that I never use because I can talk to my co-pilot at any speed. There is a little lip spoiler between that canopies that helps deflect the wind from the center seat in the rear.

Tom, I laughed reading your Donzi post! It felt to me as you were tip toeing around ANY CIGARETTE insults! LOL... Ive heard many folks say the Glad has nothing for the ZRC, That means room,handling,and top speed. I'm a huge Cigarette lover, just tryin to keep this real. I think the Glad is a sexier boat....but if it doesnt handle as well, not as fast with comparable power, and not as roomy, if anyone can say that, its you! Again, ive had 3 Cigarettes, loved them all !
Old 10-03-2017, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Plenty of room in mine, I know it's a little different layout but I had to move my foot rest rearward....guess I'm short lol! We have a cooler, fenders, Kristy's purse, cloths and towels, life jackets, anchor, tool bag, etc. Stored in the cockpit. Then we store more stuff down the bow hatch. I really think there's a misconception on how much room is needed in the cockpit of a sit-down boat. But there's nothing better to drive on the water! People don't go around wishing their corvette had the space of a suburban on the road course...wishing they could stand up while driving.

The gladiator runs amazing, you won't be disappointed. I really can't say enough good stuff about these boats!

Another thing to remember is you can always customize a boat to your liking.

No matter what boat the perfect setup would be a wrap around windshield conversion! I don't enjoy riding in boats without them anymore.