Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Cigarette Topgun >

Cigarette Topgun

Notices

Cigarette Topgun

Old 05-25-2020, 11:56 PM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Ive been eyeballin some tubular front control arms. Ive taco'd the originals up before. lol I just don't like how the truck pulls right now, feels like when I mash on it, it feels like the rear wants to skate around like its dog tracking or something. I know its all tight and in line. I just had some front end work done and I specifically asked to check the thrust angle.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 775 Likes on 294 Posts

OK working on building some fuel systems from scratch for the engines air motive 1000 pumps I know i need to cool I’m looking to build a billet aluminum box to run water through and the fuel pumps and regulators I want to use all an fittings and make it mount to the offshore mounts has anyone done this or have any pictures of some custom set ups?
Old 05-29-2020, 07:43 AM
Registered

Ok spent 6 hours grinding in the cabin area working on getting it ready for new stringers. What a job lol! Decided after talking with Dave I’m going to do a coosa lay up throughout. That will save some more weight and if done correctly will be stronger. I think it will be the lightest Topgun in the world lol no cabin only wood in the boat is the transom and engine stringers. Everything from there up is coosa board. Shorter fuel tanks. And lots of aluminum on moters.
The following 2 users liked this post by division1:
hogie roll (05-29-2020), Knot 4 Me (05-29-2020)
Old 05-29-2020, 08:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,052 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by division1
OK working on building some fuel systems from scratch for the engines air motive 1000 pumps I know i need to cool I’m looking to build a billet aluminum box to run water through and the fuel pumps and regulators I want to use all an fittings and make it mount to the offshore mounts has anyone done this or have any pictures of some custom set ups?
could you clarify this ?
Old 05-29-2020, 12:02 PM
Registered

Lol well I guess that didn’t come out of my head correct. I meant a box that houses the pump and relay and run water tubes in the box to cool the pump. Lol guess I’m not good at typing lol
Old 05-29-2020, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

A water cooled fuel sump with an in tank pump in it?
Old 05-29-2020, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

Ok spent 6 hours grinding in the cabin area working on getting it ready for new stringers. What a job lol! Decided after talking with Dave I’m going to do a coosa lay up throughout. That will save some more weight and if done correctly will be stronger. I think it will be the lightest Topgun in the world lol no cabin only wood in the boat is the transom and engine stringers. Everything from there up is coosa board. Shorter fuel tanks. And lots of aluminum on moters.
This what my boat appears to be cored with, an open cell substrate. The boat is quite light for what it is.

New product 2017 Fiberglass Foam Core Panels,fiberglass foam board,fiberglass sandwich panels for wholesale - Manufacturers and Factory China - Tasuns Composite

Is coosa better or lighter?
The following users liked this post:
bookshelf (10-19-2020)
Old 05-29-2020, 02:42 PM
Registered

Well from what I understand this blue water 26 board that we are using is super strong they say as strong if not stronger than wood. It is a solid core material so it looks a bit different from your product. Not to sure about weight the board were using is extremely light compared to wood.
Old 05-29-2020, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 434 Likes on 194 Posts

Why?

Run a return line to your tank, fuel continuously cycles. Look at my setup, I think it's what you're after, and it's simple;

Pickup - Fuel/Water separator - Filter - Pump - Filter - Distribution Block (To carbs w/ outlet) - Regulator - RETURN TO TANK

That should be all you need!

Are you thinking of Cool Fuel used on some Merc Fuel injection setups?
Old 05-29-2020, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

If anything would build a stainless coiled tube then encase that in a stainless pipe the you flow seawater through and stick that between the filter and carbs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.