Straight bottom Cig lifting strakes >

Straight bottom Cig lifting strakes

Notices

Straight bottom Cig lifting strakes

Old 03-22-2019, 02:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Just read this thread. Sounds interesting. Anybody know if the Cafe hull is a rocker hull or if lengthening the strake would/could be beneficial?
Old 04-11-2019, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavour32
I think Rookie made some temporary strakes for his Panther. PM him and see what he did.
I added 73 1/2" (16"original taper down + 57 1/2" of newstrake) to my Panther. I have before and after videos somewhere. The additional strake picked my boat out of the water and gave it a floating feeling. Before it ran really wet. I gained a couple MPH and it really carried the bow well. I started with 8' white oak profiles. I screwed and glued the strakes to the bottom and went out and tested. I would put the boat back on the trailer and cut off 10" of strake and then go test. Repeated until I found what I thought was a good feeling and handling boat. I then glassed them onto the hull. I got the idea from Ben Perfected on here. He had done it to his Panther race boat. I couldn't go off his dimensions because he has a Bravo boat and mine is TRS. Different COG

Last edited by Rookie; 04-11-2019 at 08:29 PM.