Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Listed the Cig/Squadron >

Listed the Cig/Squadron

Notices

Listed the Cig/Squadron

Old 04-13-2019, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

It is not. Transom was re-done for the SSMIIIs...boat was well taken care of over 90k put into re-doing it all. I think you should stop making assumptions behind a computer screen on something you do not know......

Last edited by CigaretteSam; 04-13-2019 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-14-2019, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CigaretteSam
It is not. Transom was re-done for the SSMIIIs...boat was well taken care of over 90k put into re-doing it all. I think you should stop making assumptions behind a computer screen on something you do not know......
My bad. I didn't know you put 90g's into it. Put that in the ad. I might be a good selling point. You should also update the pics, transom looks original. Out of curiosity what were you using the 2x4"s and crowbar for?

Last edited by 96scarab; 04-14-2019 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 96scarab
My bad. I didn't know you put 90g's into it. Put that in the ad. I might be a good selling point. You should also update the pics, transom looks original. Out of curiosity what were you using the 2x4"s and crowbar for?
Ok we are on the same page then, to clear up any confusion. I did not put 90k into it, the previous owner did.
Boat used to be all white with red stripe, v shape windscreen like the Mistress' had. Was completely changed appearance wise, with some updated rigging for the blower motors and drives. Cabin was original. Cockpit seats front and rear changed as well as adding blower hatches and shortening the sunpad. Fiberglass fairing was made from a custom mold and windsheild and original dash completely changed. It was originally a TRS/454 boat. The 2x4 to prop hatches open,so i could open and close by hand. I have known this boat since i was in the 6th grade, been around it for years as well as known the owner quite well. The boat is very close to my heart. This was the boat that got me hooked on high performance boats, as to why i want to see it go to a good home.

Last edited by CigaretteSam; 04-14-2019 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CigaretteSam
Ok we are on the same page then, to clear up any confusion. I did not put 90k into it, the previous owner did.
Boat used to be all white with red stripe, v shape windscreen like the Mistress' had. Was completely changed appearance wise, with some updated rigging for the blower motors and drives. Cabin was original. Cockpit seats front and rear changed as well as adding blower hatches and shortening the sunpad. Fiberglass fairing was made from a custom mold and windsheild and original dash completely changed. It was originally a TRS/454 boat. The 2x4 to prop hatches open,so i could open and close by hand. I have known this boat since i was in the 6th grade, been around it for years as well as known the owner quite well. The boat is very close to my heart. This was the boat that got me hooked on high performance boats, as to why i want to see it go to a good home.
Thats the problem. Nothing looks worth saving in that boat. Everything needs to be replaced.What was in the big hole in the dash?
Old 05-18-2019, 09:10 PM
Registered

As of an hour ago the new owner has officially picked her up. Best of luck to the new owner, hopefully he will join and post up pictures! Sad day for me given my history with the boat, but I know she will be taken care of and enjoyed and that makes me feel better knowing that!
Old 05-18-2019, 09:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,125 Likes on 475 Posts

Sam, well done on the sale, I'm glad you got out of it. Sounds like timing wasn't right, hope you get a better opportunity at something special down the track.

RR
Old 05-19-2019, 06:23 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

J-Bonz said it perfectly in post #7.... timing is everything and older boats usually come up for sale sooner than later so you may have a chance at owning her again. Fingers Crossed!
Old 05-19-2019, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Congrats on the sale. Next time find a boat that is ready to go and that you can afford.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

RE: Post #4 - his situation can happen to anyone.

CigaretteSam - on-wards and up-wards.. Good Luck on the recovery and the relocate
Old 05-20-2019, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Congrats on the sale. Next time find a boat that is ready to go and that you can afford.
I'm thinking there are many boat owners around here that are way beyond what they can realistically afford.