Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
42' Tiger FS - Anyone have info? >

42' Tiger FS - Anyone have info?

Notices

42' Tiger FS - Anyone have info?

Old 04-18-2019, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts
Default 42' Tiger FS - Anyone have info?

Anyone have info on this one? Good, bad, indifferent? Nice package PSI blowers & #6 drives.

https://www.yachtauctions.com/invent...ette-42/11679/
Old 04-18-2019, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

I'll direct Tim (owned it for a few years) over here but that boat is a bad mamma jamma. I've had plenty of seat time on it. Owned by Jim Neeley out this way for a few years when it had the original Merc 900's in it. Then Tim McCray bought it and really treated it with an open check book. Put a set of Teague 1000's in it. Sent it out to Florida for the KW poker run a bunch of times and on one of the last trips out had Phil (LIp-Ship) go through it (color sand buff and reparir chips, brand new interior, new GPS, etc. etc.). Tim went on to buy American Muscle II at which time Justin Silvers bought it from Tim for a quick second before it was sold to a guy from Louisiana. That guy was a bit, um, eccentric I guess is the term. He came on here claiming that it would be the fastest straight bottom Tiger in history when he was done with it. He put those PSI motors in and those horrid scoops and kinda just faded away. I saw it for sale about 3 years ago with only one motor in it and funny I was just discussing it with Kelly (payupsucka) a couple weeks ago wondering where it is.

With all that said, sad it's a real shame to see it in that shape. Thing was pristine when it left Tim's hands. We had more fun on that boat than we could shake a stick at. Great boat. Only issue was it was always plagued with most likely a hook in the bottom. It tended to need tab on the starboard side I believe. would air out leaning and would run in flat water with a lean unless you trimmed it right. I think Tim had it searched for a hook in the bottom but never found anything but something was off with it. It was kind've a running joke with all the owners that were friends (JIm, Justin, Tim). Not anything that was super off putting, just annoying a bit.

I'll send Tim a text and have him chime in.

Tank

Last edited by thisistank; 04-18-2019 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't owned that boat since about 2006. I sold it to Justin Silvers, he sold it shortly after and I haven't seen it since. Tank posted pics of it when I owned it. It had the scoops that came from the factory on it, not what ever is on there now. Originally had merc sc 900 poker run motors. Teague pulled them, rebuilt the motors to his specs for 1000's, re rigged and re plumbed the engine compartment, had the transmissions and drives rebuilt by TNT then shipped back. Phil went through the whole boat, touched up all of the paint, did some glass and reupholstering work, made the boat look like new. I sold it shortly after and bought the 2004 Miami boat show top gun before partnering on AM2 with a friend of mine. So that's a quick history up to about 2006 or so from 2004 when I bought it, but not sure what the heck happened after that. This thing looks like it got abandoned just after it was turned into a disco tech with all of those speakers. I didn't do that..
Old 04-18-2019, 01:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 374 Likes on 140 Posts

WE found out why the boat ran with a lean to one side the drives were mounted uneven on the transom by a 1/2 inch if I remember correct that's back when Neely owned it. Regards Dan
Old 04-18-2019, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Couple threads about the boat when the dude from LA wanted to make it the worlds fastest Tiger

sneak peak/ fastest 42 tiger engine

fastest 42 tiger