New Member & Bullet Question

Notices

New Member & Bullet Question

Old 05-10-2019, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member & Bullet Question

Hello,
I have been lurking for quite a while and finally just joined up, I have learned a lot from you guys.

One of my younger year dreams was being able to own a Bullet, that was the boat of my dreams, like that Lambo poster on the wall, cool as hell, but beyond reach at the time, Later and for many years I was in the military and ownership was not feasible, now things are different and I am considering taking the plunge on this project. Between here, reading everything the search option provided me and speaking with some Cig owners I have come up with the following and would like some guidance and a few questions answered if possible. I have read that today a bullet is too old, too many issues, better choices like a later cafe or even better an older Top Gun which is just a better boat all the way around. Well I am stuck on owning a bullet for a few reasons and this would be my first choice if at all possible. I could get a mid 2000's TG, however, it would be someone else's paint choice, power choice and just not that Lambo poster on the wall I stared at years ago. For the same money as that TG I believe I could completely refurbish a late Bullet to exactly what I would like from cabin, paint, cockpit to power.
I recently moved back from overseas and live in Boca Raton, I would use the Bullet on the inter coastal for bar/restaurant hopping and a few Poker runs during the year, Its small enough for my GF and I to handle, stand up enclosed head which is important for the GF and her friends and again it was my dream boat.
So my questions:
1) For SE Florida, which would be the best one stop shop for refurbish ?
2) What was the max factory suggested power for the Bullet? I'm thinking Merc 565/ with DTS upgrade would be a great set up.
3) Best Stern drive choice for my application/motor choice. Would Arneson stern drive conversion be a worthwhile option ? I know this would add to my bottom line.

Thanks Guys,
Jimmy
Old 05-10-2019, 08:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

I'll take a shot, and won't try to talk you out of a bullet resto because we need people restoring them....

1 - lipship
2 - lots of big power is out in cigs. Don't worry, you won't over power it
3 - Arnesons seem like a perfect option to any boat, but member Rik on here is the one you talk to...
Old 05-12-2019, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

if not lip ship talk to carter -carter38 on here ive seen some of his boats and they are show stopping , taking on a resto and having someone do it hope you have deep pockets and a lot of patience - bullets are not real easy to find look forward to following the thread
Old 05-12-2019, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I listed mine this this season. Wouldn't call it a project, but skies the limit with what you could do to any boat.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Oh yeah. Carter 38 without a doubt....
Old 05-12-2019, 09:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 67 Likes on 39 Posts

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spe...powerboats/amp
His work is amazing! Check out Loose Cannon he has on his instagram!
Old 05-12-2019, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Definitely consider letting Carter38 get involved in the process if you choose to move forward on building one. He has had his hands in almost every well known Bullet we see around today. He was very involved in our Bullet when we had it done and I don't regret it for a second.

He's not just limited to Bullets either. He has several Cafe Racers and Top Guns to his credit too. His attention to detail is what makes his boats stand out.

As as for getting a Bullet, you won't regret it. Probably one of the best riding 31' Boats one can own. We love ours. Perfect size for what we do. Resale on them is strong due to limited numbers. The good ones bring fair money on the market.

Buck
Old 05-13-2019, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by buck183
Definitely consider letting Carter38 get involved in the process if you choose to move forward on building one. He has had his hands in almost every well known Bullet we see around today. He was very involved in our Bullet when we had it done and I don't regret it for a second.

He's not just limited to Bullets either. He has several Cafe Racers and Top Guns to his credit too. His attention to detail is what makes his boats stand out.

As as for getting a Bullet, you won't regret it. Probably one of the best riding 31' Boats one can own. We love ours. Perfect size for what we do. Resale on them is strong due to limited numbers. The good ones bring fair money on the market.

Buck
Does Carter do work on other peoples boats or just on their own resto/flip's? my project has been going nowhere.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:58 AM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by BDiggity
Does Carter do work on other peoples boats or just on their own resto/flip's? my project has been going nowhere.
I've seen work that he has done on other peoples boats, and his attention to detail is amazing. If you have Instagram check out Carter Powerboats!
Old 05-13-2019, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BDiggity
Yes, he will work on other boats too.

Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.