Tank “Back in the Saddle Again” >

Tank “Back in the Saddle Again”

Notices

Tank “Back in the Saddle Again”

Old 03-16-2021, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Craney
Thank you Tank,I just ordered 2 Bat wings I hope they work as good for me as they did for you.
Huge difference on the Cafe. zero need for tab to get on plane. Takes out most all porpoise (unless over trimmed). Really HUGE bang for the buck.
Old 05-26-2021, 04:33 PM
Registered

Didn't update the thread when we were out in Havasu for Desert Storm and Supercat Fest West. Another 11 straight days the boat was in the water and probably put 2-300 more miles on it. Ran like a top. The SeaDeck is fantastic. The light grey did show dirt and scuffs but I wiped the big ones down and it came right off and then when I pulled it out of the water I used a car wash pressure hose and it came out good as new.

Another FANTASTIC Trip in the books. All the updates are nearly done. Few more things and this portion of the project will be complete.

The following 4 users liked this post by thisistank:
87MirageIntruder (05-27-2021), Eddienel (05-26-2021), ICDEDPPL (05-27-2021), IGetWet (05-26-2021)
Old 05-26-2021, 04:49 PM
Registered

So, gonna out myself here a bit. One of the few selling points of buying this Cafe was that the interior was pretty decent when we purchased it a couple years ago. I thought, cool, at least we wont have to do the interior for a bunch of years. Well, fast forward to this year, the interior started getting this reddish stain crap on the white portion of the engine hatch. It wont come out with ANY chemical rub. not even bleach. Come to find out its a fungus deep in the poors of the material. Usually it'll go away being in the sun but really, it drives me INSANE. Trying to get Barrett to have his guy re-do the interior or at a minimum just the engine hatch but everyone is slammed until after the season. So, looks like some interior updates will be coming soon as well. How in depth I don't know yet but I gotta pitch this stained crap.

So, in the meantime, his interior guy tells him of this vinyl paint stuff. I never knew about anything like that. But now that I've used it I'm almost positive the owner before me used it on our Top Gun. Before launching for Supercat Fest I was like F it, I'm doing it. Pulled it into the driveway, tapeed it off and was like, "here goes nothing". Cant get worse.

Well, to my surprise, whole job took about 45 minutes and it turned out outstanding for quick fix. Stuff is amazing. It's not a cure but it's definitely a short term fix. Goes on just like spray paint and then once it drys you can wipe down the interior for regular marks with cleaner and a rag. I don't have any pics of it really when it was bad as I didn't really want to take any pics of it lol but here's some of it taped and right after. You can see from the shots above it lasted the wear and tear of 11 days straight boating and getting sun beat and water all over it.

It'll do, til the new interior is done.

The following 4 users liked this post by thisistank:
H20 Toie (05-26-2021), IGetWet (05-26-2021), Indy (05-27-2021), Sydwayz (05-26-2021)
Old 05-26-2021, 07:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 503 Likes on 235 Posts

I have a friend that used the spray a few years ago and amazingly its still looking really good. It's not like new vinyl, but most people wouldn't know the difference until you told them. Great job by the way!!
The following users liked this post:
thisistank (05-26-2021)
Old 05-26-2021, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Great pictures and the Cafe looks fantastic.
thisistank (05-26-2021)
Old 05-26-2021, 09:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bencini231
I have a friend that used the spray a few years ago and amazingly its still looking really good. It's not like new vinyl, but most people wouldn't know the difference until you told them. Great job by the way!!
Thanks!! It works well. It’s definitely a temporary fix for me but at least I’m not furious when I look at the white vinyl now. LOL
Old 05-27-2021, 06:13 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Was the staining on the cover before your trip or only show up after you got back home? Was it mould or something in a suntan lotion like a bronzer...

The pink mould is here to stay in all light (white) vinyl like materials made in North America as they are banned from using the fungicide that worked so well for years. I have seen new boats being unloaded off the transports that already had staining appear....the fix - mfg's just wanted the hull # to send up a new interior piece(s) that were stained.
Old 05-27-2021, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

I'd tell ya you did a good job, but you used M25083 Carver White instead of M11111 Cigarette White.
thisistank (05-27-2021)
Old 05-27-2021, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 302 Likes on 156 Posts

I saw you cruise through the channel at DS. Boat looked great. Nice work!
thisistank (05-27-2021)
Old 05-27-2021, 10:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by speicher lane
Was the staining on the cover before your trip or only show up after you got back home? Was it mould or something in a suntan lotion like a bronzer...

The pink mould is here to stay in all light (white) vinyl like materials made in North America as they are banned from using the fungicide that worked so well for years. I have seen new boats being unloaded off the transports that already had staining appear....the fix - mfg's just wanted the hull # to send up a new interior piece(s) that were stained.

it is the pinkish / rust / brown mold. When it first appears on material it tends to go away with sunlight beating down on it. But after you put the cover on for a few days it comes back and as time goes on it spreads and gets worse and worse and worse until it will no longer go away with sunlight.

the vinyl paint works well to cover it but like I said, It’s a temporary fix. Maybe get a season or two out of it with touch ups.
speicher lane (05-27-2021)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.