Great Price....Gotta love the Big Max's >

Great Price....Gotta love the Big Max's

Notices

Great Price....Gotta love the Big Max's

Old 10-24-2019, 10:44 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

^^^ Silver one? I'm at a loss on that one.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by tonypo8
Any details/history on this boat? Seems to be priced pretty aggressive.
1 of 5 built. Pretty sure it's boat #4 built

They're cut down 46' Rough Riders.

First was the rio roses race boat that Phil (Lip-Ship) raced, cut the top off making it an oversized gladiator. Tom Abrham wanted it and bought it from Phil.

While Abraham owned his, Phil built himself another but when Rick (onesickgladiator) saw it, he had to have it and bought it from Phil. This is the one that was later re-done and is also for sale now (blue and grey with 1100 mercs).

The first one built for pleasure was a concept boat with a center sttering console that tilted up to give access to a cabin (only one with a cabin).

Then a boat dealer called The Performance Group had this one (the yellow one) built. They used on a bunch of ads. It sold and went over to Japan for a few years and eventually came back. Funny story was it has Performance Group decals and some other decals on it originally and when it sold to Japan they took the decals off. The Japanese buyer got the boat and was pissed the decals were removed. LOL.

The last one built went directly over seas originally is the white one with flames. It has custom AMG crazy metal exhaust and a different engine hatch (like the hatch they used on the Kilo / Strength and Honor / now black boat). It's currently in Texas. the owner was trying to sell it last year and don't think he did.

Funny story, I have a very obnoxious 45 Maximus race style button down shirt that Abraham gave me a long time ago. I wear it once a year at the Key West street party every year. Last year, the owner of the yellow boats walks up and is like, "where did you get that shirt!?" So I tell him and he proceeds to tell me he owns the yellow max and we BS for over an hour about it's history and what not. Really good dude. Wonder what he's getting next? ?

Last edited by thisistank; 10-24-2019 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
^^^ Silver one? I'm at a loss on that one.
Pretty sure he's referring to boat #5. Last I heard it's still in Texas.

Old 10-24-2019, 12:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
1 of 5 built. Pretty sure it's boat #4 built

They're cut down 46' Rough Riders.

First was the rio roses race boat that Phil (Lip-Ship) raced, cut the top off making it an oversized gladiator. Tom Abrham wanted it and bought it from Phil.

While Abraham owned his, Phil built himself another but when Rick (onesickgladiator) saw it, he had to have it and bought it from Phil. This is the one that was later re-done and is also for sale now (blue and grey with 1100 mercs).

The first one built for pleasure was a concept boat with a center sttering console that tilted up to give access to a cabin (only one with a cabin).

Then a boat dealer called The Performance Group had this one (the yellow one) built. They used on a bunch of ads. It sold and went over to Japan for a few years and eventually came back. Funny story was it has Performance Group decals and some other decals on it originally and when it sold to Japan they took the decals off. The Japanese buyer got the boat and was pissed the decals were removed. LOL.

The last one built went directly over seas originally is the white one with flames. It has custom AMG crazy metal exhaust and a different engine hatch (like the hatch they used on the Kilo / Strength and Honor / now black boat). It's currently in Texas. the owner was trying to sell it last year and don't think he did.

Funny story, I have a very obnoxious 45 Maximus race style button down shirt that Abraham gave me a long time ago. I wear it once a year at the Key West street party every year. Last year, the owner of the yellow boats walks up and is like, "where did you get that shirt!?" So I tell him and he proceeds to tell me he owns the yellow max and we BS for over an hour about it's history and what not. Really good dude. Wonder what he's getting next? ?
It was you wearing that shirt last year in Key West that made me tap you on the shoulder and ask if you were "thisistank" hahaha.
Old 10-24-2019, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by erik1976
It was you wearing that shirt last year in Key West that made me tap you on the shoulder and ask if you were "thisistank" hahaha.
That is one loud ass shirt too!
Old 10-24-2019, 01:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by erik1976
LOL That's right!! I recall that (surprisingly ) Good meeting you for the quick moment. I think I was running over somewhere and you were in the middle of something. Brief but always a pleasure to meet a fellow OSO bro.

Old 10-24-2019, 01:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by payuppsucker
That is one loud ass shirt too!
LOL...I mean, I've seen worse!

Kelly hates it. Everytime I pack it for KW, she's like, "really?" HAHAHAHA. Tom got a kick out of me still having it.

Old 10-24-2019, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

That's not the one I was thinking about. You have another one that's like "BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH". Scary.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:51 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Pretty sure he's referring to boat #5. Last I heard it's still in Texas.

The Leibel's bought it last Christmas and keep it at TNT. It will be on the FPC run Thursday to KW.
Old 10-24-2019, 04:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
The Leibel's bought it last Christmas and keep it at TNT. It will be on the FPC run Thursday to KW.
ah! Good to hear. Always a good thing - happy seller / happy buyer. It’s an awesome boat. Look forward to seeing it down there. They’re all Nice in their own unique ways.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.