cigarette 28 open >

cigarette 28 open

Notices

cigarette 28 open

Old 12-09-2019, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cigarette 28 open

Hi, looking for any photos of these boats or anyone here own one? have a few questions regarding ride and in the future a re power.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 1,820 Likes on 712 Posts

No first hand knowledge here but pretty sure I saw one on Craig’s a yr or so in the Cleveland area.

Havent seen it since though.

Originally Posted by Gerry28
Hi, looking for any photos of these boats or anyone here own one? have a few questions regarding ride and in the future a re power.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are plenty of pictures of 28 Opens on the web if you search Google Images for "Cigarette 28 Open". There you will see pictures of George H. W. Bush's boat "Fidelity".
I own a 1970 28 Open that I am in the process of restoring. I converted it from the twin six cylinders to a single big block (500EFI) hooked to an ITS Bravo XR. I also added bench seating in front of the consoles, changed from pedestal seats to bolster seats and leveled out the deck in front of the consoles. The Cigarette 28 was derived from the Magnum 27 hull which was designed by Harry Scholl and one is one of the most copied hull ever. It's a great choice.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 70open28
There are plenty of pictures of 28 Opens on the web if you search Google Images for "Cigarette 28 Open". There you will see pictures of George H. W. Bush's boat "Fidelity".
I own a 1970 28 Open that I am in the process of restoring. I converted it from the twin six cylinders to a single big block (500EFI) hooked to an ITS Bravo XR. I also added bench seating in front of the consoles, changed from pedestal seats to bolster seats and leveled out the deck in front of the consoles. The Cigarette 28 was derived from the Magnum 27 hull which was designed by Harry Scholl and one is one of the most copied hull ever. It's a great choice.
Sorry Harry for misspelling your name, that's Schoell.