Notices

Brutal Day

Old 12-25-2019, 10:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

Glad you made it home safe Chris. Loved seeing it tucked in that indoor storage facility!!

Call anytime with questions!!
Old 01-02-2020, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cafe Racer

Originally Posted by caseyh
congrats have a save trip back to BR. now I have to know who this is ha. keep track of all the cig owners around the area. planning to fix my boat over the next two weeks some time while off. then will go burn the fuel out of it. more then welcome to bring the boat when this happens.
Originally Posted by DealmakerC6
Finally got enough sleep to get online (I wouldnt let her drive with the trailer). Eric thanks for being such a stand-up guy. Its great to be back in a Cig, (former Bullet owner) Going through all the paperwork, and VERY thankful for all the documentation that was done. Try to make it down to Louisiana (with or without the Tiger) for the Tickfaw 200, Ill keep you posted.
Its good to see another Cigarette coming south. Caseyh said there was a new Cafe Racer in town. I am a Cafe Racer owner as well. Look forward to seeing you on the Tickfaw sometimes. Look for the OHH WOW and stop to say hello. Cant wait to see your boat.

Old 02-13-2020, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ohh wow
Its good to see another Cigarette coming south. Caseyh said there was a new Cafe Racer in town. I am a Cafe Racer owner as well. Look forward to seeing you on the Tickfaw sometimes. Look for the OHH WOW and stop to say hello. Cant wait to see your boat.
Bought the Cig rigged and ready, but started fixing stuff. Hope to splash it soon, at least a shakedown run. Cabin upholstery is getting re-covered. Look forward to seeing you out there as well. I'll be the guy with a thousand questions...
Old 04-07-2020, 11:08 PM
Registered

Tried to send a DM, but it was full. So far I have taken her out 3 times and have been fixing very minor things (loose electrical connections, etc.) It will be great to have a cabin interior again (hopefully this week?) I'm still getting to know the girl.It sucks about the Tickfaw 200, but there is always (I hope) next year! So far I have only put her in at Canal Bank Club, I am taking the 26 Pitch props off and going down to the 24's as I am learning the boat. Tiger Audio in Gonzales is putting the new Garmin in and hopefully the new stereo system the following week. Its hard to remember I do have to go to work and not only work on the Cig! Covid-19 isnt helping;its a great excuse!
Old 04-08-2020, 01:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

I think you're going to find the boat is better ALL AROUND with the labbed 26's than those non-labbed 24's, but give them both a shot!!

Glad to see your using it some......
Old 04-09-2020, 08:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by seafordguy
I think you're going to find the boat is better ALL AROUND with the labbed 26's than those non-labbed 24's, but give them both a shot!!

Glad to see your using it some......
I got the 26's fixed, polished and installed almost immediately. I still haven't used the 24's yet. Should have the cabin interior back in the next two days. I'll post some pictures. .
Old 04-18-2020, 09:38 AM
Registered

Default Rebuilding the dash pad

While I’m still shaking the cafe down, I’m replacing/rebuilding the dash pad the upholstery surround) the wood has given up the ghost after 30 years. I am thinking of planing 1/4 inch cypress and adding several coats of water seal &/or paint before I bring it to the upholsterer. This seemed like such a simple project.. I think Cig used marine plywood. I’ll start a thread once I can post pics